Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87066 - 04/12/10 09:25 AM Traveling Light
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
We depart in several days and I have most things packed. It appears that everything will fit in one rolling carry-on and one briefcase style unit. Let me clarify, that's for one person, me. My wife has about the same volume. She's a better packer than me.

Thankfully, the little net book and a downsizing of the camera gear has freed up some space and weight.

We'll be in-country for 17 days, so some laundry will be done along the way. Still, no checked luggage is the way to go. off the plane and the adventure begins.

Saludos.

#87067 - 04/12/10 11:34 AM Re: Traveling Light [Re: admiral44]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
You are setting a high standard - with no checked luggage! That will be my new goal, but it sounds like you are both great packers.

#87068 - 04/12/10 07:07 PM Re: Traveling Light [Re: jacmom]
admiral44 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Philadelphia, Aruba DWI
Jacmom,

I used to pack my suitcase and send it to Spain via FedEx. That was a great, if expensive, way to avoid any hassles and delay. Now, however, I simply don't need as much clothing. Plus, many toiletries can be purchased in country upon arrival. No sense lugging them. As I mentioned before I downsized a lot of camera equipment. I used to care a 6X6 camera which was heavy and took up a lot of room. Now just a little digital and small video camera, both of which combined don't add up to half of the 6X6.

Happy travels.

#87075 - 04/13/10 12:53 PM Re: Traveling Light [Re: admiral44]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
I know I tend to bring more clothing than needed so I will reduce, reduce. I will be staying with my daughter, so I will not need to bring toiletries. She's a student so her money is my money - now if she quits asking me to bring items to her smile

So excited to be going, should be arring 4 weeks from today!

jacmom

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments