Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85447 - 10/11/09 03:09 AM Juan Bautista in the rain 2007
eskimo joe Offline

Loc: st cyrus , scotland
Tried to post these clips in the shout box Juan Bautista in the rain Sebastian Castella on the next bull It was a crazy night the heavens opened up just before Juans 2nd bull . The corrida would have probably been finished by that time but 4 bulls were changed that night

#85461 - 10/13/09 05:02 AM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: eskimo joe]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Frenchman Juan Bautista didn't do well yesterday in Madrid. A truly average effort. People barely applauded him and was the only one of the three not to "win" any ears.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85463 - 10/13/09 12:29 PM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
But it has to be said that he , Juan Bautista , wasn´t bad . Uceda Leal was exceptional and the other guy , Eugenio de la Mora was exciting to watch . I for one thought it was 2 hours of great bullfighting .. I had a great time , and Joe I had a whiskey in your honour and a crazy 6 Euros !! I hope you know you´re worth it ! I had a great time !

#85469 - 10/13/09 10:09 PM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: steve robinson]
eskimo joe Offline

Thats the thing with the bulls , you never know what is going to happen. Im glad you had a great night . Got my tickest booked to come over in febuary to go bullfighing , so hopefully will be able to catch up for a cana or a whisky !

#85472 - 10/14/09 12:50 PM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: eskimo joe]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Hey Joe . I certainly look forward to that . Maybe we can get a group of people together . MM you up for that ?

#85660 - 11/07/09 03:31 PM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: steve robinson]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
I saw a bullfight in the rain once at Las Ventas. It was raining very heavily most of the time, and they just carried on with the whole thing.

#85665 - 11/08/09 05:50 AM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: Donna Cuervo]
eskimo joe Offline

It depends on the matadors . There was a famous occasion that the bullfight went ahead , 2 bulls were fought then all the matadors came out onto the sand to inspect it , and decided to cancel the corrida . Because 2 bulls had been fought the matadors got paid so they were happy to go home after that . The rain had been easing off when the corrida was cancelled , so the fans were not happy and near rioted , ripping up all the cushions so all you could see at Las Ventas was a cloud of feathers like it was snowing

#85669 - 11/08/09 12:52 PM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: eskimo joe]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yeah. Quitting when it rains isn't a good indication of your "bravery" and "toughness".

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85674 - 11/08/09 07:17 PM Re: Juan Bautista in the rain 2007 [Re: MadridMan]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
It was really crazy. They were without their shoes ankle deep in mud. Very difficult for them to move.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments