In July 2003 my wife and I went to Madrid. I studied the cartel pretty well and I also have alot of friends who are connected and associated with the taurine. I spent alot of time in Aguascalientes Mexico in the interior at some of the most famous Ganderias( Ranches) where the bulls are raised.I know on a personal basis alot of the Matadore's. Before we left I called a friend who's a very famous bandillero and tried to get some information on this cartel in Ventas. Unfortunately these guy'swere not well known in the taurine world. Reyes Mendoza was the headliner. Anyway I told my wife let'stake a chance, but i don't want to pay alot for these guy's. $34.00 each ticket and that was over priced for that. I was ready to leave after the third Bull, because unfortunately The Bulls were better than the Torereo's. the top guy wasted his bulls because he didn't kow what to do with them.
The public /I thought I was at a funneral parlor I think I'll stick with the Mexican Matadore's.
To Smojuanteo If you want to drop me an e-mail I can let you know who to look for what names to look for. I've seen El Juli when he came to Mexico and Tijuana. He can be good depending on what kind of mood he's in when he arrives at the plaza. My favorite is Enrique Ponce he's worth the big $$ he's got style class and art in the ring. but then agian im used to people like Nino de la Capea Or Miguel Espinoza (Armillita) who I happen to know from Aguaacalientes. Bullfights can be like movies some are just better than the others. Good Luck on whatever you decide Also check on some towns outside of Madrid sometimes Excellent bullfighter's will be there Toldeo sometimes will have a great cartel,and it's well worth the 1 hr ride on the bus.