Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30790 - 09/17/03 11:37 PM Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I am landing in Madrid on Friday morning at 0740. Usually my room is not ready at that hour, so I drop my bags and head to Museo del Jamon for a bocadillo de lomo and a caña.

I would like to do something different and I need some ideas as to what is open at that hour. I could have a tortilla at Sol y Mayor on c/ Postas or maybe churros at Grignolino on c/ Principe.

Any suggestions?

#30791 - 09/18/03 08:09 AM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
I am so jealous that you are going that I can't even think straight!!! Give me some time to make a tortilla and have a café con leche to get my mind set, and I will get back with you! laugh

#30792 - 09/18/03 08:18 AM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you land at 7:40 a.m., assuming the flight's ontime, you probably won't get into the city until 9:00 which would be the PERFECT time for the morning breakfast bunch. I'd think ALL bars would be open and serving up coffee and churros. Mmmmm.... My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I know you're staying at Hostal Adriano so maybe you could ask Enrique or whoever's on duty when you drop your bags. Maybe they'll even go with you! I don't know if the nearby Las Bravas bars serve churros/porras or not. Chocolateria San Gines isn't far at all as you probably already know. THAT sounds like the perfect place!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#30793 - 09/18/03 10:58 AM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Not to mention the bakeries with sit down counters or small tables and wonderful offerings!! laugh laugh

#30794 - 09/18/03 01:15 PM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
Go to La Mallorquina. Make sure to go upstairs so you can sit and enjoy a cafe con leche and something high in calories while you look out on Puerta del Sol.

A buen provecho

Lee

#30795 - 09/19/03 05:36 AM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Toribio's Churreria on the Plaza in Barajas (pueblo): Once I had a 4-hour layover between my flight from Santiago and my U.S. bound flight. I went to the upper level and caught the M-101 bus to Barajas pueblo; then I phoned some relatives and they came down to Toribios. It's open from 5:00 AM to 11:00 AM and has the best churros in Madrid. It counts many aircrews among its clientele. rolleyes laugh

#30796 - 09/22/03 04:08 AM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Thanks for the ideas, but they were all naught.

After the ¨"flight from hell", I arrived 9 hours late, just in time for dinner. Then, they lost my bags for another 28 hours. A quick storm in Minneapolis screwed things up for the whole trip in. Things are back to normal now, though.

Madridman-I´m formulating my review of Hostal Adria. Suffice to say it is everything that would be expected. Also will update some Adriano things.

#30797 - 09/22/03 10:32 PM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Sorry to hear about your trip disaster. The flight is long enouggh without that kind of delay!! frown

#30798 - 10/09/03 08:56 AM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
arbit Offline

La Mallorquina sounds great - where exactly is it?

#30799 - 10/09/03 10:51 AM Re: Madrid: a.m. food suggestions? Urgent Help Needed!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
arbit, La Mallorquina is on the west edge of the Puerta del Sol. You can SEE it in photos an on a map on the QDQ.com site HERE .

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments