Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#24629 - 06/24/06 12:36 AM Soccer "Court" in San Sebastian
eltorero Offline

When I was in Spain last, I was walking through the streets of San Sebastian and found a small community soccer game going on. It seemed like it was a sort of league, with organized teams and a small office off of the concrete soccer "court" and a handball court next to that. There were concrete steps for bleachers and it was kind of off to the side of one of the alley-streets. It seems like it may have been next to a church. Anyway, I have this photo, and I'll try to find some of my others. Does anyone know where this is, perhaps an address or be able to point it out on the map? I kind of knew the general area, but couldn't point it out on the map. It seems like I heard it has been used as a concert area before, but I was kind of skeptical since it isn't a very large area.

Let me update and explain a bit about what you're looking at. I am sitting on the stone bleachers, which line this side of the court. To my right, on the same "wall" that the bleachers is on is a small office. To the right, behind the goal, is the handball court. Directly in front, that you're looking at, past the court, is the alleyway which feeds into the street thing (it's pedestrians only) which is parallel to the bleachers(the buildings you see facing you are what make the street. To your left (out of the photo) is what I think is a church (maybe?). Well, sorry I don't have more info.

#24630 - 09/06/06 05:37 PM Re: Soccer "Court" in San Sebastian
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
I think this might be near Pio Baroja ST, is it south of La concha beach. It is the neighborhood of one Xabi Alanso, of Liverpool/Spain national team fame. I know because my friend from college is from this neighborhood and his parents live approx 2 blocks from this photo and I have walked past it many times.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1611 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments