Oh, the confessions of a sadman... I'm so sad...

I live in LA, and over the weekend my wife and I went to the beach. On our way there we drive thru the canyons, which remind me so much of Spain, only a little more hilly. This area offers that same blue sky, and the dry, arid surroundings.

After a couple of hours at the beach we headed home, only it was later in the day so there was a slight chill in the air. It reminded me *SO MUCH* of my precious Castilla-La Mancha autumn days. It's warm and sunny during the day, and you are hot in the sun, but cool in the shade. As afternoon approaches and the sun hangs low in the sky, the shadows get long and the slight chill fills the air and you can smell burning oak.

Perfect weather for a campfire with friends at the cortijo near the old roman ruins. Break out the wine and sidra and pass around the porron. Stab chorizos and morcillas with a stick and roast them over the fire, then stack them onto crunchy bread and have a bite. Pass around the plastic envelope of olives. Place a few handfuls of castaños onto a pan and roast them. Eat until stuffed. As the sun is almost set it's time to put that sweater on. This is a perfect Sunday afternoon in La Mancha.

Thanks for sharing that moment with me!! smile

Andrew