Hi All!!

Well, after much frustration, we finally have places to stay and will be headed to Madrid on April 13th!!! The 14th-16th we'll be at Hostal Playa , head off to Granada to visit friends, then back to Madrid at the Hostal La Plata on the 20th. I'll report back on what we think when we return...

Here's the issue: About a month ago, I sent a reservation request via the internet to Hostal La Perla Asturiana (via their web page). The page says we'd hear back within 24 or 48 hours. When we didn't hear back, my friend called there. They told her not to worry, they had plenty of room for when we needed it, and we'd hear back from them soon. So a few weeks go by and still NOTHING. I'm used to the more laid back Spanish demeaner, but come on! So I emailed them last Monday night (March 19th) and they promptly replied that they were full for the end of Semana Santa and hadn't had space for weeks!! This sent us into a panic, we called and emailed nearly every hostal listed on Madridman's hostal site , until finally Friday (23rd) night we were able to get a reservation at Hostal Playa. It looks nice, and we're ecstatic at the great location and the good reviews I saw on the Madridman Message board . Not to tempt fate again, I made sure to call there on Saturday morning, and I confirmed my reservation. We'll be staying at Hostal La Plata our last night, which doesnt look quite as spiffy, but the man on their end of the phone was VERY nice. Does anyone have info on that place?

Anyway, after this long rambling message, my point is: DON'T take it for granted that the email reservation form will assure you a confirmed reservation! If you don't hear from them, email them directly or even call, you'll be glad you did!!

I'll talk to you all soon!!!

Denise

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-27-2001).]