Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#89902 - 08/04/11 01:21 PM Madrid: Location (vacation flat)
kareng Offline

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone had an opinion on staying near the metro 'Arganzuela-Planetario' area. We know it's way out of the centre but not bothered about night life etc. If we buy a couple of the 'metrobus' 10 trip tickets ( that's if we can figure the machines out - lol) the bus & metro can take us about (Museums district,+ Palace + atocha, pricipe pio, monclau) for day trips etc . We're on a budget so the money saved on rental will help a lot & we will be self catering most days.
Any advice much appreciated on our 1st trip to Spain
Cheers
Karen

Edited by MadridMan (08/06/11 07:11 PM)
Edit Reason: to include city location in subject.

#89903 - 08/04/11 03:05 PM Re: Madrid: Location (vacation flat) [Re: kareng]
Silver Traveler Offline

Loc: LaGrange (Near Atlanta) Georgi...
The bus/subway metro tickets are a good use, no matter where you might be in Madrid. In fact, I usually have one or two rides left on them when I leave and save them for the next visit. Some of the larger stops have personnel there to dispense them for you. Otherwise, you will easily find someone to assist.

Not sure about the area you are mentioning, so can not comment on it. But Madrid I know you will certainly enjoy! At the Palace be sure to see the armory..most people I believe go right by it, but it is fantastic. You can walk to most of the places in the city that you will want to see, so wear comfortable shoes.

#89913 - 08/06/11 01:39 PM Re: Madrid: Location (vacation flat) [Re: Silver Traveler]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
metro and bus will take you anyway and attendant will help. the area is a bit afar from center maybe some extra walk to stations but ok.
have fun in Madrid

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments