Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#88291 - 09/23/10 06:49 PM Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Hi all
Staying less than a 100 metres to Placa Espanya. The 4-Star Ayre Hotel Gran Via, booked through Booking.com for 65 euros per night for a twin room. The hotel is very modern and smart. The bedroom is spacious, the bathroom is slate tiled (walls and floor) and is quite stunning!! Twin beds are extremely comfy, TV has BBC World, CNN, CNBC, french and German channels plus loads and loads of Spanish channels. Room fridge has free bottled water and unusually for a hotel of this standard we have free wifi.

Edited by MadridMan (09/27/10 03:03 AM)
Edit Reason: to embed hotel link.
() / ()

#88296 - 09/27/10 03:03 AM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: Jan D]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow. That IS a good deal in this new hotel. And it's close to the convention areas, not to mention having the MNAC (Museo Nacional de Arte de Catalunya-which is GREAT) in sight! On the down side is also the location. To get to the Barrio Gótico and Las Ramblas, for example, it's a pretty good long walk away - but you can take the metro (ESPANYA), of course) or the bus to Plaça de Catalunya (4 stops away, it says on their website).

And they offered free Wi-Fi!? That's incredible. It never ceases to amaze me that the most expensive hotels (not in this case, however - but it is a 4-Star Hotel!) where they have the highest profit margin, they also charge for Wi-Fi. In the cheapest places, like in 1-Star hotels and "Hostales", they usually don't. Go figure.

Saludos, MadridMan

Edited by MadridMan (09/28/10 09:37 AM)
Edit Reason: to correct my destination from Plaça de Espanya to Plaça de Catalunya

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88297 - 09/27/10 05:47 AM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
I have to go to Barcelona in two months, definitely look at this hotel

#88299 - 09/27/10 05:30 PM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: jazz]
Jan D Offline

Loc: Isle of Wight UK
Look at the different booking sites for the best deal, as I said we booked through booking.com but I'm sure laterooms etc have this hotel and it may take some hunting to get the best rate.
btw on arrival at the hotel you can pre book breakfast for 12euros, we didn't partake ( Much to expensive for us!) but I've read that even cava is served on the buffet!!

Just to add the airport buses and the Monbus( Airport and Sitges) stop within metres of the hotel.
MadridMan, It's not 4 stops from Placa Espanya ---It's well within 100 metres!!!

Edited by MadridMan (09/28/10 09:35 AM)
Edit Reason: to correct the spelling for MadridMan's name.
() / ()

#88300 - 09/28/10 04:03 AM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: Jan D]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Sitges is great in summer ... Great beach and great shopping . With plenty of bars and good restaurants .

Cava for breakfast .... how civilized ! Reminds me of when I was in San Francisco and I went for breakfast in the Castro district .. they gave me a huge glass of champagne mixed with orange juice .... interesting way to start the day .

#88303 - 09/28/10 09:40 AM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: Jan D]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Originally Posted By Jan D
MadridMan, It's not 4 stops from Placa Espanya ---It's well within 100 metres!!!
Oops. You're right about that. I meant to say (and have already corrected it in my above posting), "...or the bus to Plaça de Catalunya (4 stops away, it says on their website)." - which solidifies the statement, "Catalunya is NOT Espanya". wink (can't believe I mixed up the two rolleyes )

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#88764 - 12/15/10 05:40 AM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: MadridMan]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

I've been to Barcelona in the central sunotel hotel, a 4 * but I would put 3 *. A perfect place to move around Barcelona, and around 70 per night ... recommended.
! By the way!. Montjuit sources in a great show thumbsup

#89074 - 02/06/11 11:37 AM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: jazz]
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
Jazz, Why would you take this hotel from a 4* to a 3*? We will be spending about 3 nights in Barcelona in May and the family we will visit, lives just past Placa Espanya on the side street Carrer de Vilamari. It seems like it would be a convienent hotel for us to use.

Oh, Juliana did go for the Chinese New Year and was interviewed by rtve at a restuarant, but it did not make the final cut for broadcasting.

#89078 - 02/06/11 02:45 PM Re: Barcelona - Geat hotel find- Ayre Hotel Gran Via [Re: jacmom]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Perhaps,I'm very demanding but for me 4*this hotel are too,although, the hotel is good location,clean, and friendly receptionist...4* not,not better 3*

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments