Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85265 - 09/15/09 01:37 PM Madrid: Opinions on an Apartment?
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Stockton,Ca.
I've been offered THIS flat at a deep discount next month. We'll stay for 9 nights.
http://www.rentingeurope.com/eng/searching/detail.php?id=529

We were booked in a flat between Calle Arenal and Mayor but the person in there now is on business and staying longer. It's too bad because I really like that part of town, the noise etc is cool with me.

What do you think about being up-town?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks again

Edited by MadridMan (09/21/09 04:59 AM)
Edit Reason: to clarify topic

#85268 - 09/15/09 04:21 PM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Appt. [Re: Rodolfo]
Crisco Offline

Personally I don't like the area-it's too far down and you will be walking up/down the hill of Gran Vía or taking the metro or bus to get to the center and the museums.The area around Plaza de España has also changed for the worse over the past few years in my opinion.

#85269 - 09/15/09 04:22 PM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Appt. [Re: Rodolfo]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
well, the location is not too far from where you originally wanted to be, you could walk it easily.

Photos look OK as well.

Location wise, it is well connected with the rest of the city, has plenty of things to do in that area as well so I wouldn't worry too much if you main concern was that you were out of the way of everything. Also, I am not sure i'd class that as uptown, i'd say uptown was further still from Sol.

#85270 - 09/15/09 06:15 PM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Appt. [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Thanks everyone!

I'l sleep on it and decide in the morning.

#85272 - 09/15/09 10:11 PM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Appt. [Re: Rodolfo]
Crisco Offline

Rudy-I suggest you gooogle the address to see where exactly it is located.Believe me, you are at the end/bottom of everywhere you want to be with the exception of the Egyptian temple!

#85273 - 09/16/09 03:59 AM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Appt. [Re: Crisco]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
It is in Plaza España, number 6, not out of the way at all. Right where Gran Via meets Princesa, which is still close to everything, and would only take 10 minutes or so to walk to Sol.

here is a map:
http://www.bing.com/maps/#JndoZXJlMT1wbG...zg4MDg1OTM3NQ==

#85277 - 09/16/09 01:40 PM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Appt. [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
yes indeed it is near Plaza de España, you will be fine ,easy connection everywhere in the city. and the area is my favorite other than the one i lived ::)

#85278 - 09/16/09 03:30 PM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Appt. [Re: pedmar]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Thanks everyone!

I booked it. While I do like the Plaza Espana area, I'm used to being closer to the action. All though Gran Via isn't short on "action".

They gave me a real good deal because of the mix up. I've booked with them before. They're great.

The room is on the 6th floor. Should be a nice view.

#85289 - 09/21/09 05:06 AM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Apartments [Re: Rodolfo]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Rudolfo, you going from Plaza de España towards Plaza Dos de Mayo you have a GREAT (and unknown to tourists) area for nightlife. It's very So-Ho-like with tons of bars and terrazas.

The part of the area from Plaza de España to just a few blocks over the Gran Vía is a little China Town with several Chinese, Indian, and Middle-Eastern shops and restaurants. Lots of flavor there.

Staying in an apartment, as you've found before, sure gives you an at-home feeling. I've not done it in Madrid but in other places I have an it's nice coming "home" at the end of the day and hearing those "at home" sounds from the building and neighborhood and not worrying about that 11am knock on the door by someone wanting to clean the room. laugh

Enjoy! And please do review the apartment/service/neighborhood upon your return. Thanks and good luck.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#85296 - 09/21/09 03:34 PM Re: Madrid: Opinions on an Apartments [Re: MadridMan]
Rodolfo Offline
Executive Member

Thanks for the tip MM!

I Googled Plaza Dos de Mayo. It looks like a nice little neiborhood. We'll definitely hit that area.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments