Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8725 - 02/26/06 09:04 PM Sevilla: Which Hotel?
gopheliad Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Hello, I'm looking into hotels for five nights in Sevilla in Mid-May (single room). On the possibilites list right now is:

Hotel Amadeus - 65 Euro/night
Hotel Puerta de Sevilla - 65 Euro/night
Hotel Simon - 55 Euro/night
Hosteria del Laurel - 67 Euro/night

Thoughts on any of these? Know of any comparable hotels that might be a bit cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

#8726 - 02/26/06 11:29 PM Re: Sevilla: Which Hotel?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
I've stayed at the Hotel Simon, but it was in a suite, so I don't know how the single rooms are. But the hotel itself has a nice interior courtyard and is well located. We liked Hotel Zurbaran even better, the rooms are big with a huge bathroom and small balcony. It was decorated really nicely, and was clearly run with loving care. It's right in the middle of the Barrio Santa Cruz, near the Alcazar. A double was 48 Euros, in 2003. In July we went there with no advance reservations.
http://www.grupo-piramide.com/hotel_zurbaran1.htm

#8727 - 02/27/06 11:51 AM Re: Sevilla: Which Hotel?
Chele60 Offline

Loc: Yorba Linda, California
We stayed in the Hotel Amadeus for 2 nights last September, and I just cannot say enough good things about it. It was a double, though, not a single, so not sure how much help I can be.

From what I understand, the owners have expanded and there is a "new" part and an "older" part, and the better place to stay is in the "older" part. (Though I believe the bathrooms and rooms in the newer part are larger) That is where we stayed. You really do get the feeling that you are staying in some one's home, as opposed to just staying in a hotel. The owners and staff are very helpful and accommodating and will do whatever they can to make your stay the most enjoyable and comfortable. There is a computer with internet connection (free) available for guest use as well. And coffee is available on the second floor of the "older" part for guests who are early risers!

The rooms are smallish, but very comfy, with nice amenties. I thought the fresh flowers were a nice little touch - it's a girl thing. There are CD players in each room, and guests can borrow CDs from the hotel to play in their rooms. The hotel lobby has a small fountain trickling quietly that really lends itself for a comforting time in the late afternoon. There is also quiet music playing in the background all the time. This place is big on ambiance for a not so big price.

We did try the breakfast our last morning there, and it was okay. You can enjoy this either on the rooftop terraza, in your room, or in any of the common rooms. It is rather nicely turned out and filling, but the usual breads, fruits, cheeses, juice, and coffee. However, the pace is very relaxed, and if you manage to get the common room in the back, it is quite private as well.

As well as being centrally located to everything, this hotel offers a lot. If you visit Trip Advisor, you will see literally pages and pages of customer reviews - overwhelming almost all positive. One drawback? Due to the way the house was originally built (central courtyard, 3 stories, no soundproof doors), things can get a bit noisy in the mornings when the staff is serving breakfast and they begin cleaning. Though, to be fair, they do try their very best to be just as quiet as can be. (I tried to ask about some laundry I'd sent out, and the maid would only speak to me in whispers.) If one likes to sleep in and they are a very light sleeper, this can be a big drawback, but we were not bothered by it.

#8728 - 02/27/06 09:49 PM Re: Sevilla: Which Hotel?
JA Offline

Loc: usa
Take a look at Hostal Roma, a small hotel really, new facilities and no extras. I remember they had a couple of single rooms, very small indeed, but quite nice. Hostal is near the bus station and the old train station, now a cute mall. I bet that they are under 40 bucks.

JA

#8729 - 02/27/06 11:29 PM Re: Sevilla: Which Hotel?
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
I stayed at the Amadeus as wel in late Jan. Great staff, good rooms, we had the attic suite for like 93E I think. Good location, 2 min walk to the catherdral, in good location in bario santa cruz. I did get a tad loud at night, have a few beers and you'll sleep like a child.

#8730 - 02/28/06 02:06 PM Re: Sevilla: Which Hotel?
gopheliad Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Thanks everyone for the tips! I ALWAYS travel with earplugs (never know what you are going to get), so I'm not too worried about the noise...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 805 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments