Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8440 - 09/04/05 09:06 PM Madrid: Hotel Europa?
el viaje Offline

I'm going to Madrid in May 2006. Any feedback on the Hotel Europa ?

#8441 - 09/04/05 10:18 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Absolutely! You'll find dozens of posted reviews in this forum category conducting a search using keywords HOTEL EUROPA MADRID. Anyone have any fresh(er) reviews? Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8442 - 09/06/05 09:19 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Hotel Europa is recommended by Rick Steves www.ricksteves.com and get positive reviews by many. My prefer hotel is two blocks away from the Europa and the Europa is located in a great location.

I would not recommend eating at the cafe downstairs. I had my breakfast there once and it was not good experience.

There is a very good cafe, the name escapes me, close by the hotel. As you are walking out the hotel entrance, make a right turn, walk one block up and the cafe is on the left. I had breakfast there five times and every visit the food and service was very good.

Bill

#8443 - 09/19/05 06:42 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
halfstring Offline

Loc: Santa Cruz, CA USA
My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel Europa for two nights. The hotel is located in the middle of bustling Puerta Del Sol, close to everything and decently priced. We stayed in one of the newer, modern rooms with hardwood floors, fan, TV, safe, and plenty of storage for clothes. The fan provided a decent amount of air but ample enough for when you need to cool off quickly.

The room had a safe in the closet but we couldn't get it to work properly. There was also a panel on the wall that controlled the AC but it wasn't operational. The bathroom was gorgeous and large (as mentioned by others). However, the door to the shower was missing its seal so water leaked all over most of the floor. No big deal, just minor issues.

If you're a light sleeper, I'd suggest keeping the windows closed as it can be quite noisy from foot traffic, construction, and diners in the area. Otherwise, get up a little earlier (around 7-8am) before most people are awake. Besides some of the minor issues, Hotel Europa is still a great value for your money and in an excellent location.

#8444 - 10/02/05 07:48 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
I have booked Hotel Europa for 7 nights beginning Oct 15. I will give a review upon my return. So far it sounds nice.

#8445 - 10/07/05 05:23 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
Legendary Offline

Loc: England
I went there for 4 nights in March 2001 and it was fine for me. Location is very good, the room is fine. People are friendly. I never stopped in a hotel before that.

#8446 - 10/11/05 02:59 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
el viaje Offline

Thanks for the information. MGarcia be sure to give me an update on Hotel Europa upon your return.

#8447 - 10/11/05 06:31 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Europa?
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
No doubt, I will have my digital camera, so perhaps I will post some pics, if I can figure out how to download them

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments