Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8476 - 09/12/05 04:30 PM barcelona apartment rental
bootyshaker Offline

Loc: san francisco
for the past few years, we have rented an apartment for a few days on our annual trip to europe. this year, we want to rent an apartment in barcelona for 5 nights. we typically scour the internet for apartments, checking photos, location, etc and then enter into negociations with company/owner. we have had great experiences the last two years.
this year, we found an appropriate apartment (on plaza cataluyna)for a fair price. however the company/owner does not respond to any e-mails/ questions. i am reluctant to send off 500 euros based on a web site photos without some sort of assurance that the company is straight up honest. does anybdy know http://www.athome-barcelona.com or might know a short term apartment rental firm in barcelona?

#8477 - 09/12/05 04:58 PM Re: barcelona apartment rental
el tio Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I'm not familiar with this apartment, but one we looked into for our trip was www.barcelona-guesthouse.com; in case you're looking into other options.

We did not end of staying there so I can't opine on how good the apartment actually is (I chose a hostal instead), but the website looked good and the owner was helpful and quick to respond via email to my questions.

-el tio

#8478 - 09/12/05 05:47 PM Re: barcelona apartment rental
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Not too surprising you didn't get a response to emails. MANY MANY Spaniards are only now coming back from a monthlong vacation/holiday so if the owner returned recently (s)he likely has hundreds of emails to go through before getting to yours. Other Spaniards take vacations in September because August may be a peak month for them.

Remember, you'll find dozens and dozens of Barcelona apartments on the Barcelona Apartments page here on MadridMan.com.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments