Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8369 - 08/03/05 02:18 AM Madrid: Acapulco? Adriano? En Busca?
caramel Offline

Loc: Manila, Philippines
I am still choosing between these three lodgings for a 3-night stay in Madrid with (4) adults on October. I hope you guys can help me decide.

Hostal Acapulco - I know you guys love this hotel but I cannot seem to commit to booking this until I've seen pictures.

Hostal Adriano - Never mind the lack of elevator (but I do hope they finish it by October!) but how about the small bathrooms? Are they really miniscule?

En Busca del Tiempo - I really liked it based on the website but when i saw the picture on the QDQ.com, I was really freaked out because it showed a dumpster next door.

Hope you guys can help! Thanks!

#8370 - 08/03/05 03:35 AM Re: Madrid: Acapulco? Adriano? En Busca?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
I have never been in any of these, but about the dumper next to the latter, the one that appears in QDQ's photo, it is not a permanent dumper or a domestic garbage one, but one of the kind used to dump debris during renovation works on a building. Considering that the appartments' Website says that the building was renewed in 2002, I guess that the photo was precisely taken at that time and the dumper belonged to the contractors.

#8371 - 08/03/05 05:18 AM Re: Madrid: Acapulco? Adriano? En Busca?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't think En Busca del Tiempo is a hostel any more. It used to be but now I believe they are only apartments.

As Torrales above has said, the dumpster was probably parked there during their 6-9 months of building renovations about 3 or 4 years ago. I've walked by since and those renovations are completely done.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8372 - 08/03/05 09:04 AM Re: Madrid: Acapulco? Adriano? En Busca?
Bill from NYC Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Quote:

Hostal Acapulco - I know you guys love this hotel but I cannot seem to commit to booking this until I've seen pictures.
I more of the type that says go with your gut feeling. I am a fan of Acapulco but if you are concerned because you cannot see any photos then I recommend to not book with them. frown

When looking for a place to stay, I look at price, location and friendless. Most of the reviews I read about Acapulco talked about the friendless of the hostel. That's why I book a room with them in February and was not disappointed. Perfect location, great price and friendly.

You should remember, when it comes to seeing photos of hostels, the quality of the photo is decided by who is behind the camera and their skill at taking photographs. The hostel I staying in Barcelona, this coming October does not have really good photos on their website. The website is basic looking and has one photo of each of the rooms. But I going with my gut feeling, because of the great reviews I read on another websites and booked a room with them.

When I get back from Spain and MadridMan is in Spain I will write a reviewed about the place in Barcelona.

Bill

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments