Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#7942 - 03/08/05 08:06 PM Hotel Icaria - Barcelona
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I recently returned from my first trip to Barcelona. While there, we stayed in the Hotel Icaria on Avda. Icaria.
web page

As for location, this place is just 2 blocks from the Port Olimpico. In the summertime, I think this would be one of the best hotels to stay at in Barcelona. It was nice to be able to walk to the beach, even though there was no swimming going on. Also, there is a small shopping center just a block away. It has a grocery store and movie theater in case someone wants to pass the time. The nearest metro stop is about a ten minute walk. We ended up taking taxi rides a few times and it rarely cost more than 5 Euro, no matter where we were in Barcelona.

As for the hotel, it's fabulous. We paid 80 Euro per night, which was a fair rate considering this hotel is brand new and has any ammenity a modern hotel should. The rooms are decorated nicely and there is a restaurant and internet lounge. The also have free internet in the rooms. Some even have computers.

On our first night, we were on a floor where lots of folks were smoking, even though it was a non smoking floor. (Some signs might have helped)
We complained about it and they moved us to a huge suite, complete with a desk and large screen TV.

So, overall I was very happy with this hotel. I'd definately stay here again if I visited Barcelona.

#7943 - 03/08/05 08:28 PM Re: Hotel Icaria - Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GREAT review! Thanks for that. I've added it to the 4-Star section of the Barcelona Hotels page .

Regarding its location, I imagine you had to take the metro/taxis in order to get to the Gothic Quarter or... everywhere, correct?

At the hotel did you take advantage of their "Oxygen Relaxing Area"? confused

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7944 - 03/09/05 11:25 AM Re: Hotel Icaria - Barcelona
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Yes, you do have to take public transportation to get most everywhere except the Port Olimpico.

As for the Oxygen Relaxation Area, I never did quite figure out what that was. They have a nice patio area, so I'm assuming that's what they meant. However, I know there were a few things they didn't have ready yet since the hotel was new.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments