MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#7153 - 06/30/04 09:30 AM Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
pablo80 Offline

Loc: padova - Italy
Hello everybody!
as you easily imagine I'm going to madrid in august and I'm looking for a well-located,clean and possibly cheap hostal for ten days.. I took a look on " hostal bianco II " home site and I think it could be a good choice.. is there anybody who spent some days in that hostal.. any suggestions or alternative chioces?
Thank you, Ciao bella gente laugh !

#7154 - 07/01/04 09:45 PM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
Starprotected Offline

Loc: Sarasota Florida
Hi Pablo
I have reservations at Hostel Bianco II in October. So if you go in August, please post how your stay was. I have read others say that it was a nice place.

#7155 - 07/02/04 10:27 AM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I am going to stay there in October as well and would also appreciate the feedback. Would any forum members who have been there recently like share their thoughts?

#7156 - 07/02/04 12:09 PM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Be sure to try out the handy SEARCH function and use keywords MADRID BIANCO and you may find some previously posted reviews. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#7157 - 07/02/04 08:06 PM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
I stayed at the Hostal Bianco II for two weeks...that finished about 3 weeks ago. There is a review I wrote somewhere on the accomodation page of MM bulletin board. But, a short answer (because there is a longer one in another posting)would be: the place is perfect. Clean; modern; centrally located; has A/C (that you control); and an elevator. It's midway between Sol and Neptuno...maybe three streets from Plaza de Stª Ana. The people are extremely nice.

I would strongly recommend the place.

Sheryl

#7158 - 07/03/04 11:04 AM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
Starprotected Offline

Loc: Sarasota Florida
Thanks Sheryl
I think I read your review and that it was made my final decision. So I booked with them and can hardly wait. It was actually a toss up between Hostal Adriano and Hostal BiancoII....Next Time I will definitely try Hostal Adriano...

#7159 - 07/03/04 12:23 PM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
pablo80 Offline

Loc: padova - Italy
thankx everyone for the hints! I promise I'll post my personal review...

#7160 - 07/04/04 02:48 PM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
robbieroy Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Scotland
I would like to echo pablo80's thanks. I found your article Sheryl and it was very reassuring. Did you manage to explore any of the bars/cafes in Calle de Echegaray - there appears to be a few on that street - any recommendations?

#7161 - 07/04/04 11:17 PM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
No...I didn't find any of the bars...there was a disco down the street, but I didn't go. There was a large red light outside of it (no joke here)...about 20 yards or so from the Hotel Inglés, across the street from Bianco. As to the bars, they were on the side streets off of Echegaray and I frequented others that I already knew.

Many of the places on Echegaray were being restored and that might explain the closed bars. I will say that for a street that didn't have all that much, there was a considerable amount of foot traffic...and taxis. Where they were going, I never found out. And surprisingly...for a Spanish street, not too loud...but remember...I'm saying for a Spanish street...not another country's.

Enjoy...the people are nice...friendly...and helpful...and as I said, all I'm looking for is a clean place with A/C, private bath and TV...and of course, a good price. They met the criteria and more.

Sheryl

#7162 - 07/29/04 07:49 AM Re: Madrid:info on Hostal Bianco II and suggestions
Charly Offline

Loc: Cape Town
We just returned from Madrid where we stayed at Bianco II. I agree fully with Sheryl's comments. We made a reservation for a double room from South Africa and supplied credit card details as per their request. We arrived late at about 11 pm. A very friendly and helpfull young man managed to book us in. He does not speak English and we don't speak Spanish, but it was not too much of a problem. The room had a double bed plus two single beds, A/C and a TV and a bathroom. Everything is new, modern and sparkling clean. All in all a very enjoyable experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 697 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments