Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6773 - 03/29/04 12:06 AM Hostal in Barcelona
GGB Offline

Loc: South Africa
Is there anyone that can give an opinion on Hostal Baires in Barcelona? Is it near a metro stop? Any information would be appreciated. Or maybe you can recommend another hostal for not more than 60 Euro a night .

Thank you.

#6774 - 04/13/04 08:31 AM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
Chiyo Offline

dunno abt hostal baires...
check out the link on San Remo..
I stayed there $57 euros for double room..
U better check out the price for the period that u intend to go

#6775 - 04/15/04 10:56 PM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
fishball Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hi,

has anyone heard any comments about Pension La Nau, Barcelona?

My husband and I unwittingly booked a room there (and already paid for via CC), to find out later (at Google search) that La Nau is actually a gay hostal.

Geez, we've never stayed at a gay hostal before. Will they (gays) give us (weird/fierce) stares as we might not really 'belong' there?

Thanks for any comments! smile

#6776 - 04/15/04 11:05 PM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Gays won't bother you if you don't bother them. They are just like you...visiting another city and enjoying it.

Don't worry...just enjoy yourself.

Sheryl

#6777 - 04/16/04 12:13 AM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
i'm in advertising and i've worked with many gay people before. they're really fun to hang out with!

#6778 - 04/18/04 03:43 PM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
filiberto Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY, USA
I've never stayed in a "gay" hostal before, but I suspect that it means "gay friendly" (because there would be some places that would not be) and possible run by gays, but that anybody would be welcome.

#6779 - 04/18/04 07:53 PM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
coopertino Offline

Loc: Los Angeles California & Madis...
I stayed at Hostal Benidorm in Barcelona the last time was there. The hostal is right on Las Ramblas between two metro stops and near all of the action. The rooms are simple but clean and pleasant, and it had a private bathroom. Prices were among some of the lowest for the area.

#6780 - 05/19/04 10:10 AM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
fishball Offline

Hi, wished I knew about Hostal Benidorm earlier...

Anyway, I'm back from my trip to Spain, and I stayed at the gay Pensión La Nau .

It's in a rather old building and the room is small but clean. It also looks bright and fresh in the day. As we opted to have shared facilities, we have to go to a big bathroom with the toilet, wash basin and shower all in. Although everything is old, they still function well and is clean.

The hostal is just nect to Arc de Triomf station and is still within (albeit 15-min) walking distance to Las Ramblas and place Catalunya. I guess it is still safe to walk back to the hostal at night straight from the train station, but not so sure about walking back from las Ramblas, though I never did try.

The owner speaks no English, but helpful. After we checked out, our backpacks were not just left near the door, but in his room which he locks.

We didn't encounter any gays nor does the hostal appear as one which caters to them. So we finally realised for ourselves that this hostal isn't any different from the other hostals in terms of who they put up.

#6781 - 05/20/04 08:38 AM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
"We didn't encounter any gays"
What did you expect? To be dragged from your room by five screaming queens for a complete look and lifestyle makeover?!!!!! wink

#6782 - 05/21/04 03:22 AM Re: Hostal in Barcelona
fishball Offline

haha, of course not. Didn't imagine that too. wink

I thought if the hanging out/social area is next to the reception or something (like hostels in other countries), we might meet some.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments