Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#1811 - 03/19/01 01:31 PM hostels in Granada
Anna Offline

Loc: New York, NY, USA
I will be in Granada the beginning of Semana Santa. Does anyone know of any good hostales to go to?

Besides the Alhambra, what else is there to do and see in Granada? I will be there by myself for 1 1/2 days.

#1812 - 03/19/01 05:52 PM Re: hostels in Granada
Guapetona Offline

I've never hostelled in Granada but these two have sites. These might be of help.
Have fun in Granada!
http://www.moebius.es/atenas/atenas_in.htm http://www.room-service.co.uk/SPAIN/hotels/lisboagranada.html

You could go to the catedral, alcazaba, alhambra or albaicin to eat...

#1813 - 03/24/01 09:34 PM Re: hostels in Granada
mary Offline

Loc: California USA
I stayed at the Macia which is located right at the base of the road leading up to the Alhambra. It was very nice and opened up to a plaza. Its walking distance to everything. I would highly recommend it.

#1814 - 07/07/02 09:07 PM Re: hostels in Granada
Monica Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I recently returned from a trip to Spain which included visits to Madrid, Sevilla & Granada.

After spending sometime in both a hotel and hostal, what a welcoming sight it was to be greeted at the front door of Hostal Meridiano by a smiling, friendly woman and a wafting scent of a homemade meal lingering in the air. The friendly woman running the hostal, Regina, speaks mostly Spanish. I felt as though I was a guest in someone's house. Regina has done alot of work, I believe, in making one's stay as comfortable and homelike as possible. The room I reserved, online, had it's own bathroom which was a decent size and clean.

The hostal is located in the center of town, it is completely safe to walk around exploring the city alone. Although, I was warned to stay clear of the Albacin at night. This did not pose a problem as everything worth seeing is near the center of the city not near the Albacin. Granada is the most laid back city of the 3 I visited and the Italian food is delicious (go figure).

This was the most reasonably priced hostal I stayed in during my time in Spain and what a bargain! I recommend this hostal to anyone interesting in visiting Granada, but make sure to reserve early especially if your visit is on a weekend.

#1815 - 07/08/02 03:11 AM Re: hostels in Granada
liz49 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH
I would second the endorsement of the Hotel Macia. Stayed there for about three nights and liked it very much. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great location.

#1816 - 05/29/03 04:13 PM Re: hostels in Granada
JoeM Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey MadridMan! Useful little site.

I'm in Canada, and it was suggested by some folk I know who are in a Spanish class.

Anyway, I'm heading for Granada on June18th, and based on this thread I booked a reservation at the Meridiano. Had a friend check it out who is already over there, and she confirms it looks like a great place.

Spain, here I come! First time!

Hope I find a few adventures to amuse me laugh

#1817 - 05/29/03 07:05 PM Re: hostels in Granada
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Welcome aboard JoeM and have a great time in Spain!!

-GG

#1818 - 07/13/03 06:32 AM Re: hostels in Granada
JoeM Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, been there done that. 3 weeks, *Great* time!!!!!

But on topic, I whole heartedly recommend Hostel Meridiano .

First, friendly helpful hosts as previously stated. Great accomodations, everything is new. Free internet access. Quiet. Great rates.

Location is ideal. Centrally located, you can walk everywhere interesting within a half hour tops.

Being next to a police station is kinda nice. Also next to a nice park, which has reserved parking for the police. So there's a 24/7 police guard walking the location. It was always nice to sit in the park after a long day regardless of the hour not worried about "security".

Next to the Meridiano is a great tapas bar. It became one of two favorites for the tapas.

Friendly, new, afforable, perfectly located, secure, with its own park and tapas bar.

You won't be disappointed.

#1819 - 07/13/03 01:17 PM Re: hostels in Granada
vicnric Offline

I'm interested in the references to a lack of safety at night in the Albacin area. What exactly are we talking about here? We have reserved a room for three nights at the Casa del Aljarife set in the heart of this area. Should we reconsider this and relocate to a more central and perhaps safer neighborhood? Thanks for your input.

#1820 - 07/16/03 06:35 AM Re: hostels in Granada
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
Vicnric - these safety things tend to be exagerated. I've wondered around the Albaicin (and Sacromonte)at all times of day and night, and never had any problem. My wife, baby and I will be staying in rented house there for a week in September. You've booked a very sought after hostal in a lovely spot (I called in once, but they had no rooms). My advice, don't worry and enjoy your stay.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments