Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5273 - 02/20/03 07:45 PM Sevilla: Hostal Roma, a Great Hostal
JA Offline

Loc: usa
I have just returned from Sevilla where I stayed for a few days at the Hostal Atenas . The place is pretty to look at especially when you go in, but the rooms are a bit on the dull side, with no TV or radio. I am not much of a TV person but with the current situation I wanted to watch some news (no tv in the lobby either).

Later, walking on a nice street near the old train station and the bus station I found a super nice hostal ( Hostal Roma ) where for the same money I stayed for the rest of my visit (in a brand new room with excellent conditions all around including elevator and heating/a-c system). The place is brand new (rehab'd) all marmol, clean as whistle, and the owner is one of the fellows at the desk. The tab was about 48U$$ a night, including the IVA.

On the same street there is a a pretty cool (small--crowded like the devil) tapas place where the "menu" is pretty close to ideal: wine and beer versus cheese and country sausages on country bread. Most patrons were slightly twisted from the beer kept in a plastic tub, but what a nice crowd! (I think the name was La Tienda)
By the way, Roma does have a tv and writing table in every room. The owners have a sister hostal which is a little older but also very nice and I think it was a couple of EU's cheaper. Roma also gets you a discount for a garage (@ $11 x night) if you drive, but trust me, don't think about taking a car to Seville.

Juan

#5274 - 02/21/03 01:30 PM Re: Sevilla: Hostal Roma, a Great Hostal
JA Offline

Loc: usa
MadridMan: I think that the editing created a confusing heading: the good little hostal is actually the Hostal Roma. (Atenas is ok only.) Could you fix that? Thanks,

JA

#5275 - 02/22/03 12:07 AM Re: Sevilla: Hostal Roma, a Great Hostal
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sorry about that. I've fixed the title and included the link to Hostal Roma in your initial posting. Thanks VERY VERY MUCH for your reviews!!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments