Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5200 - 02/06/03 09:55 PM AC Avenida de America ? (MADRID)
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Ok guys, one more. Anyone stayed or know anything about the AC Avenida de America hotel?
I realize it's a bit further from the city center, but it looks hip and modern. (just like me I hope)

#5201 - 02/20/03 04:06 PM Re: AC Avenida de America ? (MADRID)
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Ok, I'll answer my own question on this one.

This Hotel is Fantastic!

It's located just off Avenida de America, on c. Cartegena. So, it's only about 10 minutes from the airport.

The decor is very modern, with lots of wood and stone. Each room has wood floors, a nice desk and a great closet with shelves and hanging space.

The bathrooms are a dark stone color and you get all the essential toiletries. One great feature is there is a speaker in the bathroom, so you can listen to whatever you have on the TV in the other room.

There are over 20 channels on TV, including 2 in English. They also show an English movie on the pay channels.

On each floor, there is a free Minibar with bottled water and fruit. It was so nice to come back at the end of the day and grab a water and head to my room.
Also, between 11am and 7pm every day, there is free coffee and snacks in the lounge. This was a really nice thing to have there. Even the room service and the restaurant are fairly cheap.

Also, the hotel staff was very helpful. They spoke English when my broken Spanish couldn't work and they did whatever they could to help.
They even let me send a fax from the hotel back to the the US and they didn't charge me a thing!

If I had any complaints about the hotel, it's that the location isn't very close to any of the tourist sites. It is very well connected however, so it didn't take long to get anywhere.

I could go on and on about this hotel. I am going to use their hotels for almost all of my trips to Spain from now on.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments