Our first arrival into Madrid we stayed for 1 night at hostel Playa. The beds were very comfortable, the shower was very small. It was very noisy. But after a long plane from the US we didnīt care. I wouldnīt recommend this place for a longer stay if you are American.

The 2nd week in Madrid we booked at their sister hostelĻ: Cruz-Sol. VEry hospitable host greeted us and helped us with our bags. Spoke very good english. The first night we were suppose to have a King size bed. They somehow said it was not possible till the next day. So here we were, my giantic fiancee and me in what would be known in the US as a twin bed. We were on top of each other. The room was small. but nice view of the Puerto Del Sol. But for the rest of the week we had the King size bed, very comfortable, but not really what an American would consider a King, more like a Double American, not even a Queen. Rooms are too small if you are over 5ī8" in height or on the heavy side. Its worth the extra $20 or $30 to get a bigger room!. Although, PlaYA AND CruzSol have the best mattresses! So you will get a good nights sleep if there are no bloody english slamming their doors at 4AM! eek