Has anyone stayed at either of these 4 star hotels in Barcelona? The Hotel Millennium opened in 2001 and the Hotel Splendid opened in 1999.

The Millennium is at the end of the old section of the city, near the port and Montjuīc, and there appears to be sufficient public transportation close by. There is a metro stop 50 meters away for the 2 and 3 lines. The website also mentions that there are several bus lines nearby. A buffet breakfast is included in the rate, along with free wireless internet access (the hotel also provides free laptops). Also, a few meters from the hotel is the funicular to go up to Montjuīc.

The Splendid is next to University Square and 300 metres from Catalonia Square, from the famous Ramblas and also from the Gothic Quarter.

Both hotels seem to have very similar amenities, but I'm guessing that the Splendid is in a better location, based on the description. The Splendid's website does not mention that breakfast is included in the rate.

I'd appreciate any feedback. I currently am holding a reservation at the Ritz for 4 nights (12 Bancotel vouchers), however, I could save myself 200 Euro if I changed my reservation to either of these hotels. It's a femme's perogrative to keep changing her mind. laugh rolleyes