Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4617 - 09/20/02 11:27 AM Madrid hostal Dec. 21&22, & 29&30
AmbassadorTex Offline

Loc: USA
Howdy. What a great site! I haven't had time to browse at length so pls accept apologies for any redundant questions. I'll try to shed my newbie-ness quickly...

I checked availability at HOSTAL LOPEZ but they're booked for these days. Maybe I haven't searched this site enough yet, but I didn't see any other links to specific hostals - just a few recommended names.

SUGGESTIONS? Pls include a link (or phone # as my friend in Salamanca can make calls for me)

Unnecessary details:
Planning first big trip since honeymoon 6 years ago - my wife has never been outside of North America. We're visiting friends who live in Salamanca and Granada so our itinerary is in sections of 2-3 days for 10 days covering Madrid, Salamanca, Sevilla, y Granada - Dec. 20 - 31.

>> LISTEN at www.wshafm.org Spread the word! <<

#4618 - 09/20/02 12:18 PM Re: Madrid hostal Dec. 21&22, & 29&30
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello AbassadorTex! Welcome to our Spain-Loving community!

It's good that you're trying to make your reservations NOW. This is smart. Seems to me the most popular and most often recommended hostels ("hostales" in Spanish - these aren't youth-hostels) here on the message board would include:

Hostal Dulcinea , Martín / Cervelo , Oporto , Aresol , Residencia TIJCAL , Chelo , and... umm... Anyone else??

You can find feedback on all of these (and more!) by using the SEARCH link located in the upper righthand corner and using keywords, for example, MADRID CHELO or MADRID MARTIN and so on.

If you have questions or are asking recommendations about the other cities as well please ask them here. Remember, this is an ALL SPAIN Message Board and not just for Madrid. smile Thanks and good luck! Have a GREAT time in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4619 - 09/20/02 05:19 PM Re: Madrid hostal Dec. 21&22, & 29&30
AmbassadorTex Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks MadridMan.

I thought I was planning ahead, too.
BUT!!!
..both Aresol and Lopez are booked already! eek

I'm starting to worry that Madrid will be a much busier place during Christmas than I expected.
E-mails sent to Martin and Oporto - hopefully they have space...

>> LISTEN at www.wshafm.org Spread the word! <<

#4620 - 09/20/02 08:09 PM Re: Madrid hostal Dec. 21&22, & 29&30
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow. Well, you'd be right! I was in Madrid over Christmas/New Years last year and I have NEVER seen SO MANY people in the streets, in the metro, and in the stores & restaurants. People are DEFINITELY socializing like almost never before during the rest of the year, it would seem. It's a VERY busy time so good luck! Keep trying! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4621 - 09/20/02 08:42 PM Re: Madrid hostal Dec. 21&22, & 29&30
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Try Hostal Aguilar . I'm surprised others haven't posted much about it. Big rooms and bathrooms, internet access, nice people, great location and prices.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 794 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments