Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4567 - 09/03/02 02:55 AM Reservations necessary, September?
prinsess Offline

Loc: usa
Hello! My boyfriend and I want to go to Madrid, Sevilla, Granada, and maybe some other places in Andalucia between 16 and 24 September. I don't know if I should make reservations for accomodations right now or just wait until we get there. I don't want to wander around for hours hopelessly looking for a place to stay, but I don't want to totally plan out our trip either. I read that September is still high season in Spain. What do you think?

#4568 - 09/03/02 05:43 AM Re: Reservations necessary, September?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
My goodness! I'd make those reservations NOW if possible! September IS still PEAK travel season. Plus, those places which have websites tend to fill up much faster than those which do not. So if you want to "see" the place you might be staying (on a website) then do it now. But if you're willing to take the place "sight useen" then you can probably just show up and get a room.

At the VERY least, make reservations for your first stop so you know you'll have someplace to stay after your long flight.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4569 - 09/03/02 05:44 AM Re: Reservations necessary, September?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
If your itinerary is pretty firm you should try to make reservations.

I think 'peak season' ends in mid-September, so it should be 'loosening up' during the week you are there.

#4570 - 09/04/02 05:31 AM Re: Reservations necessary, September?
Chrissiij Offline

Loc: London, UK
I always make reservations MONTHS in advance to avoid disappointment. Also, because I'm just plain scared of not finding anywhere!

#4571 - 09/04/02 10:40 AM Re: Reservations necessary, September?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Always make a reservation. One of the good things about making reservations is that you may learn that the place you were planning to stay was closed, under repair, etc. I almost learned this the hard way, while in Galicia, I wanted to stay at the Casa Grande de Cornide in the outskirts of Santiago de Compostela, I thought that since I was going in December the low season, I would not need a reservation.

Fortunately, someone on this board, adviced me to make reservations. I was glad I did, for when I called to make my reservation the owner told me that they were closed from 20 of December until January 10th!

Lesson learned! Don't assume anything when you travel, always ask first. wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 801 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments