Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4213 - 05/20/02 09:53 PM MadridHostels: June reservations?
Moko Offline

Loc: birmingham, AL.
I will be going to Spain for most of June. I was wondering how easy it is to find a room in a hostel without a reservation. I am going to reseve a room for my first few days in Madrid. After that I want to just play it by ear. Am I going to end up spending the night in a bus station?

I would like to try and see some sights in southern Spain and in Portugal, but I am open for suggestions.

Thanks!

#4214 - 05/21/02 02:12 AM Re: MadridHostels: June reservations?
alabina Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I just returned from Madrid last week and I had a difficult time finding reasonably priced hostals. Seems they were all booked weeks before. Your idea of booking Madrid is a good idea. I did too. I stayed at Hostel Chelo in Madrid. Antonio, the son speaks excellent English and was a great help. Very kind family, but best of all it was centrally located, and 2 blocks to metro. Before Madrid I was in Barcelona and that city is much more expensive. I paid way more money and didn't even have a bathroom in the room. I looked for a week on the net before finding Hostal Levante. Again excellent location, near Ramblas. Everybody in this world either uses Lonely Planet, Let's go, etc. and all the reasonable places are gone in advance. So if you know where you'll be, book in advance. Only problem is, if you are asked for a credit card, and don't show, they'll charge you for the first night. If you are going to touristy cities, then the cheap places will be gone, so you'll have to go further out I guess or if price is no object, then you shouldn't have a problem. I usually never book in advance in low season, but it's getting towards high season now, so have a backup plan available. Good luck

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments