Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4151 - 05/03/02 11:05 AM Barcelona: all hostales booked!!?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am trying to reserved a hostal in Barcelona for mid june. My first choice- Hosteria Grau, has no rooms available. Can anybody recommemd another place, or a web page that has a search that could tell me which hostals are available?? Thanks!!

#4152 - 05/03/02 01:15 PM Re: Barcelona: all hostales booked!!?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Dare I ask wink if you've searched the forum yet for other recommendations? wink My memory says there have been a healthy number posted in the last couple of years. Use HOSTAL BARCELONA as your keywords. Good luck!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4153 - 05/03/02 02:37 PM Re: Barcelona: all hostales booked!!?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

I did search the forum for other hostals- but I am running out of time to contact each individually (I leave May 9 for my study abroad program). I was hoping somebody knew of a webpage that I could do a search and fina all "available" hostals for my dates. Ideas? wink

#4154 - 05/03/02 04:40 PM Re: Barcelona: all hostales booked!!?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Unfortunately, probably about 1% of hostels are hookeed into this system. This is mainly something hotels use for reservations and availability. Sorry! If you want up-to-the-minute information about availability, you might want to ($$) call each one individually. In fact, most hostels don't even use computers for reservations.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4155 - 05/03/02 07:19 PM Re: Barcelona: all hostales booked!!?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Thanks MadridMan, I may end up having to do that frown

#4156 - 05/03/02 08:36 PM Re: Barcelona: all hostales booked!!?
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Try Hostal Toledano/Hostal Residencia Capitol. E-mail toledano@idgrup.ibernet.com
We stayed there two years ago. It's basic, but clean, right on La Rambla, no a/c. It's perfectly adequate, and cheap. Bring earplugs, it's fun to look down from the balcony to La Rambla, but very noisy.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments