Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3368 - 01/08/02 11:58 PM Hostal Las Fuentes? (Madrid)
ToniG Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Does anyone have any experience with Hostal Las Fuentes ? The price seemed good enough and the area was central....that and the online booking have enticed me into considering it for our trip to Madrid in March.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3369 - 01/09/02 09:04 AM Re: Hostal Las Fuentes? (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi ToniG! Seems one of our long-time members, Majesty318, has stayed there and liked it just fine. Try the SEARCH link above/right, type FUENTES MADRID as your keywords and you'll find some of the comments by Majesty318. But please, if you stay here, return and give us your firsthand experience. Thanks!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3370 - 01/09/02 05:48 PM Re: Hostal Las Fuentes? (Madrid)
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
The location is very good but I would advice in case you want to walk a lot to go in the direction of Plaza Mayor.
It is Ok in daylight if you want to go in the Arenal st direction as long as you don´t go any further Gran Via St.

Regards,
André (Paella addict)

#3371 - 01/09/02 08:48 PM Re: Hostal Las Fuentes? (Madrid)
ToniG Offline

From the map, Las Fuentes looked to be located fairly close to the Plaza Mayor (about 2-3 blocks). Not that we mind walking, really. Also the Metro seems to be pretty efficient at moving people around. I went ahead and made the reservation, as the hostal seemed to offer what we required and then some. I will let you know!

#3372 - 03/19/02 12:22 PM Re: Hostal Las Fuentes? (Madrid)
ToniG Offline

We just got back from a 6 day stay at the Hostal Las Fuentes and it was very nice. It was clean and the staff delightful. Location was no problem at all--an easy walk to Plaza Mayor, Sol and the palace. It is only a block away from the Opera Metro station in Plaza Isabel II and there were always taxis waiting for a fare on Arenal. There was always someone around, though only Tomas spoke english, and they were quite helpful (they had to teach me how to use the phone!! Hint: dial slowly!!).

#3373 - 03/19/02 01:59 PM Re: Hostal Las Fuentes? (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ToniG! Thanks SO much for the feedback about Hostal Las Fuentes ! You're the first, and now, probably not the last of our message board members to stay there. Getting that first review is the toughest.

I have a few question about the place if you don't mind. On their main page they state that all rooms are soundproof. Did they seem to be soundproof to you?

Did you have an interior or exterior room? Did you have a balcony? How was your view?

On which floor/level is the reception? Usually they're on the 2nd or 3rd level. And was your room at all close to that reception area? Were you bothered by guests coming/going? They probably don't have an elevator, do they?

Typically, the rooms are cleaned and sheets changed daily. Was this your experience too?

Did you have, and keep, your own key or did you leave it at the desk as you left each day? Usually one would keep the keep.

And you felt safe in this area, at the portal of the building? It was all well lighted both on the street and in the buildings entryway?

I love the location of this place. It's one street from Calle de la Escalinata, a very picturesque street which opens/ends at Plaza de Opera (Plaza de Isabel II).

Hope you don't mind answering these questions. It would be GREAT to make this first review as complete as possible for future travelers to appreciate. Thanks SO MUCH!!! smile

NEWSFLASH!!: MadridMan will have TWO nights of (semi) "freedom" the week after Semana Santa so I'm choosing two hostels, possibly Hostal Las Fuentes and one other, for these two nights "on the town". I'll be reviewing these two hostels as well, of course.
My ladyfriend will be out of town for work during this time so I'm going to visit with friends and have a good time. LOOK OUT MADRID! (yeah, right! rolleyes )

Saludos, MadridMan

P.S. We'd also LOVE to hear about your other Madrid and Spain-related experiences in the other forums too if you have the time and inclination.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#3374 - 03/19/02 03:51 PM Re: Hostal Las Fuentes? (Madrid)
jer Offline

Loc: madrid, spain... the plaza may...
My thumbs up on Hostal Fuentes, I only saw the room when I met ToniG and it was nice, especially for the price laugh

Saludos,
jer...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments