Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#87621 - 06/18/10 12:53 PM Paradors?
jacmom Offline

Loc: utah transplant
What exactly are paradors? How are they different/similar to hotels and hostals in regards to the rooms or ammenities? How do costs compare?

I had such a great time in May that I am already working on ideas for the trip next year!

#87622 - 06/18/10 01:33 PM Re: Paradors? [Re: jacmom]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Paradores are generally very nice places to stay with a high level of care and service . Typically they are very beautiful old buildings .. castles , mansions ,Old vineyard houses . Expect to pay quite a lot of money . They are popular with Spanish people but normally those Spanish that have money or those that are celebrating a special occasion . My local travel agent in Madrid has booklets about these very beautiful paradores .

http://www.paradores.es/en/portal.do

Edited by MadridMan (06/18/10 10:32 PM)
Edit Reason: to make link clickable.

#87629 - 06/19/10 08:49 AM Re: Paradors? [Re: steve robinson]
Kipper Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I have stayed in Paradores many, many time and really didn't find them very expensive, it has been several years, but from what I can remember we didn't spend much more than 85 euros per night...They have always been wonderful places and great food of the region served. My favorite was in Cuenca, if I remember correctly, it was so long ago, and a charming city to explore too.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 924 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments