Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84729 - 06/26/09 05:07 AM Toledo: Hotel Almunia de San Miguel
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
When I was in Toledo recently we walked past an absolutely beautiful place to stay in a small street between the alcazar and the cathedral . I was with an American friend and we went into the lobby which leads out onto a patio Toledano . It´s a small hotel but immaculate . They even had an ancient Arabic scrip book on show .
The rooms range from €70 for a standard double up to €240 for a 3 bedroom apartment . The apartments are stunning. We are thinking of giving it a try .
Details are : Name : Almunia de San Miguel
Address : San Miguel , 12 . 45001 Toledo
e-mail : toledo@almuniadesanmiguel.com

www.almuniadesanmiguel.com

Check it out . It looks great !

Steve

Edited by MadridMan (06/26/09 11:35 AM)
Edit Reason: included hotel name in subject line

#84731 - 06/26/09 11:28 AM Re: Staying in Toledo . [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
DANG! What a great-looking place!

Quote:
Wi-Fi, television, air conditioning, tea service, embroidered sheets, hairdryer, etc.

La-dee-dah! "Tea Service"?!?!? Coooool! And embroidered sheets? Oh, and a hairdryer!!?!?!? Wow! Now that's luxury for ya'. hehehe... But seriously folks, (Ba-dum-dum!) the hotel is beautiful. Looks like a place one would want to take a special someone for a romantic weekend away. A roof-top terrace, too, with Old Toledo views.

I see by Google Maps that it's on a SUPER narrow street on the downslope towards the river from the nearby Alcázar. Secluded!

If anyone does try it, hope they'll report back!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84759 - 06/30/09 02:07 PM Re: Staying in Toledo . [Re: MadridMan]
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
The Almunia de San Miguel looks like a great place to stay IN Toledo. Has anyone been to the Hostal La Almazara (with its wonderful views of the city and you can drive down to the bridge and park when you visit Toledo on foot) recently? It was a little run-down when we were last there but those views!! Estupendo!

#84762 - 07/01/09 04:18 AM Re: Staying in Toledo . [Re: Carole Chiaro]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Quote:
Has anyone been to the Hostal La Almazara (with its wonderful views of the city and you can drive down to the bridge and park when you visit Toledo on foot) recently?

I hadn't heard of this place but just conducted a search and found one result. Do they have a website? I only found an address but it seems to be outside the city of Toledo as it's listed as being on Carretera Piedrabuena, kilometro 47

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84778 - 07/02/09 04:34 PM Re: Staying in Toledo . [Re: MadridMan]
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Finally! I couldn't get logged in! Yes, La Almazara is by the road but the rooms have little balconies with views of Toledo. Check it out at: http://www.hotelalmazara.com/ I'm just wondering if it's been updated??

#84781 - 07/03/09 03:20 AM Re: Staying in Toledo . [Re: Carole Chiaro]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Aahhh.. THIS one! Yes, well, I've seen their website but earlier I was looking for a HOSTAL (as mentioned in your earlier post) and not a hotel. Oh well. No matter. It was listed already in the TWO-STAR hotel category of Toledo Hotels of MadridMan.com.

The place looks nice but quite far from Toledo city and they don't mention HOW one can get from the hotel to the city. I presume guests have to drive themselves or maybe a taxi can be called. If you're looking for a secluded, romantic, quiet place this hotel certainly seems perfect!

Saludos, MadridMan

#84916 - 07/20/09 07:57 PM Re: Staying in Toledo . [Re: MadridMan]
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

"Getting to" Toledo is easy from La Almazara. If you have a car, you simply drive down the road and park (gratis) before the bridge. Then walk across. Voila! You're there. Otherwise, maybe a taxi just to the bridge??

#84926 - 07/22/09 05:32 AM Re: Staying in Toledo . [Re: Carole Chiaro]
Donna Cuervo Offline

Loc: New York, NY
It really does look like a beautiful romantic place.

I only stayed overnight in Toledo once. It was years ago at a place called Hostal del Cardenal. It was really nice, not too expensive and had a restaurant that was affiliated with Botin.

It was strange being in Toledo at night compared to during the day when it's so crowded with daytrippers. At night when I was there, the streets were deserted.

I had dinner in a pleasant restaurant, and I was the only person in the whole place, which I hate. Too much attention. I dropped a fork and five waiters came running in all directions to get me another one. During the day, I couldn't get into this restaurant without waiting for a table.

One of these days I'll have to stay in Toledo again.

#85125 - 08/21/09 07:32 AM Re: Toledo: Hotel Almunia de San Miguel [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
On Sunday I go to the hotel almunia de san miguel, toledo, and have dinner in la Abadia I'll write the experience

#85144 - 08/24/09 05:16 AM Re: Toledo: Hotel Almunia de San Miguel [Re: jazz]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Perfect stay, exquisite decoration a place in the zone templaria of toledo, in that a great tranquility , totally advisable, the sights from the terrace in the night!! Lovely!!.
The worse thing: the heat of the city .. but with a good range(abanico)!!!!!Without problems.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments