Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8838 - 04/19/06 06:18 PM Madrid: Petit Palace Posada del Peine or Hotel Emperador?
ljundi Offline

Hello

I am torn between these two hotels or possibly the petite palace londres. Has anybody stayed at any of these hotels who can point me in the right direction?... any advice welcome!

#8839 - 04/19/06 08:37 PM Re: Madrid: Petit Palace Posada del Peine or Hotel Emperador?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I stayed at the Emperador for a few nights last year, and I liked it very much. I'm not familiar with the other two, though, so I can't say anything about comparing them. The things I liked about the Emperador were: nice, comfortable clean room that wasn't overly modern (I prefer hotels like that), huge clean bathroom, beautiful lobby, polite, attentive service, good breakfast, excellent location, right in the middle of things. Some friends of my parents visited Madrid maybe two months after I did, and stayed there as well. They were extremely pleased with the hotel. Good luck with your decision!

#8840 - 04/20/06 07:06 AM Re: Madrid: Petit Palace Posada del Peine or Hotel Emperador?
ljundi Offline

Thank you so much for your comments. I dont know why i am finding it so difficult to choose. I think the problem is that there is too much to choose from!

#8841 - 04/20/06 09:01 AM Re: Madrid: Petit Palace Posada del Peine or Hotel Emperador?
jrdelar Offline

I have stayed at Petit Palace and I thought it was great. The particular one I stayed at they were in the process of remodling so there was some construction equiptment around which kinda hurt the feel a bit but at the same time the the lobby was beautiful and our rooms had hard-wood floors, brand new bathroom, and pretty comfy beds smile I'd reccommend it but if you are worried about some unsightly drywall or construction workers in some parts then you may want to pass. I stayed at the Petit Palace in Sol...I can't remember the street exactly since I remember walking through Sol and seeing a few of these hotels scattered around the area.

Hope this helps!

#8842 - 04/20/06 03:04 PM Re: Madrid: Petit Palace Posada del Peine or Hotel Emperador?
ljundi Offline

Right... i have booked the petit palace posada del peine. From reading reviews they had some renovation done which they finished in february. Thank you so much for your comments. I am so excited about going to madrid... lets hope the hotel is a good part of the stay! smile

#8843 - 04/20/06 07:37 PM Re: Madrid: Petit Palace Posada del Peine or Hotel Emperador?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
ljundi, the Hotel Petit Palace Posada del Peine has been one of my favorite BUILDINGS since I started visiting Madrid in 1995 - and has been (nearly?) empty and in need of renovation ever since the hotel moved in. Now, the exterior has been totally restored and painted to what I would guess to be it's original beauty. The building is impressive from the outside and the lobby is very "mod", chic, and fashionable and RIGHT next to the Plaza Mayor. GREAT location.

If you stay there would you please return to this/your thread and give us your review? It would be the first!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8844 - 04/21/06 07:59 PM Re: Madrid: Petit Palace Posada del Peine or Hotel Emperador?
ljundi Offline

Hello MadridMan

Yes of course i will let you know what the hotel is like. I am really looking forward to going. I am staying there on the 9th of May and will reply to this thread with a review from both me and my boyfriend.

Hasta luego amigo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments