Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#8287 - 06/23/05 01:34 PM Madrid: Hotel Opera?
roxalina Offline

Loc: Near Boston
Does anyone have a personal experience with the Hotel Opera ? Any recommendations for breakfast in the neighborhood (Teatro Real)? Thanks.

#8288 - 06/23/05 05:51 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
We have stayed at the Opera Hotel three or four times, and have found it to be a good value. We especially like the location--an easy walk to the Plaza Oriente and the Palacio Real. We like to go to the Cafe Oriente for evening coffee and people watching, and the ambience is hard to beat. The Cafe de Chinitas also nearby, and has a good flamenco show.

The rooms are adequate and clean. An Ok breakfast is available in the hotel. The lobby is basic but the staff is friendly. The Operatic dinner show was horrible, and I can't recommend it. The Teatre Real serves a lovely dinner in a most elegant dining room. A real occation. Make reservations as soon as you arrive. They do not serve breakfast.

Enjoy Madrid!

#8289 - 06/27/05 07:00 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
roxalina Offline

Loc: Near Boston
Thank you, Pulaski, for the input. Very helpful. Good to know to avoid the singing waiters!

Roxalina

#8290 - 07/08/05 11:06 AM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
chinaclipper Offline

Loc: MIDLAND, TX
STAYED IN HOTEL OPERA......DON'T GET ROOMS ON TOP FLOOR....NO ELEVATOR!

#8291 - 07/08/05 12:57 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
WHAT?!?!?!? Hotel Opera has NO elevator???? confused How can that be?? They have 7 floor above the ground floor and it's a relatively new building!! eek

Pulaski, you didn't notice an elevator either?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8292 - 07/08/05 07:51 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I stayed there a couple of years ago and they did have an elevator. The first time I stayed there, I had a single room that was very small. The second time I asked for a double room for single use. It was well worth the extra money.

The best thing about the hotel is the location.

#8293 - 07/08/05 08:25 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Good to know they have an elevator. I would've been surprised if they didn't. Maybe chinaclipper was thinking instead of HOSTAL Opera in Barcelona? confused There, I'm sure they don't have an elevator.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#8294 - 07/09/05 03:50 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Nope...Hostal Opera in Barcelona does have an elevator. There are over 6 floors in the hostal. I stayed there last year.

Sheryl

#8295 - 07/09/05 07:55 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Sheryl, thanks very much for the clarification about Hostal Opera in Barcelona. The hostel itself has 6-floors or just the building?

Maybe chinaclipper somehow missed the elevator in HOTEL Opera in Madrid. I can't imagine walking up 6-flights of stairs with luggage. Wow!

Saludos, MadridMan

#8296 - 07/10/05 04:40 PM Re: Madrid: Hotel Opera?
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
MadridMan...as I remember the hostal, it was the hostal that was 6 floors...and two buildings to boot.

It's a very nice hostal in a great part of town (across the street from the Opera and right off Las Ramblas). I wrote a review of it last year. I would highly recommend it and would stay there again.

Sheryl

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments