Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6582 - 02/20/04 05:08 AM Madrid: Hostal Villagarcia
worldtravel Offline

I found Hostal Villagarcia in Madrid from this website, but there is no any comment about the hostal. Can anybody comment on this place?

thanks

#6583 - 02/21/05 06:03 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Villagarcia
keithdunlop Offline

Hostal Villagarcia Feb '05

1. This is a family run hotel. They are poor, innocent people. They appear to do the limited amount of cleaning themselves. It is sparse. The corridors are narrow and the 1 floor hotel which is several floors up smells of like a very old apartment block (turn of last century).

2. The 15 year old son was helpful on check in

3. The room was DIRTY. There were lots of stains on the glass table. The floor towel in the bathroom closet was on old plastic damp thing you didn't want to touch. The floor was DIRTY. Someones old sock was left under the bed.

General DAMP. Not that much but a feeling and a smell more than anything else.

4. The Wirelss internet works in most of the hotel, but it didn't reach to the far ends of the hotel.

5. The street below is not particularily criminalised.

6. Mr VillaGarcia does the mopping (that's not his real name)

8. Mrs Villagarcia does the money stuff.

9. I stayed one night. It was just a little too dirty for me. There are also a bunch of rules under the dirty glass table. No phone in the room.

10. This is not a place I would like to be caught in in a fire. It is dingy and somewhat claustrophobic.

11. You cant compare it with the Marlasca, which is run to a relatively high standard, with charm, and is relatively spotless.

12. In summary, I could think of worse. But still not somewhere I would want to stay by choice.

13. After staying here I moved to the Louis IV. It is a three star but not much more expensive. Despite the slightly surly and officious attitude by the rooms were spotless, light and airy and overlook Madrid from the eighth floor. Like the difference between living in a luxury Penthouse and a prision cell at the Villagarcia. Had I stayed at the Villagarcia for the week it would basically have spoilt my holiday.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments