Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6127 - 10/08/03 10:42 PM NH Breton Hotel - Madrid
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I am thinking of staying at the NH Breton Hotel in late December and I am interested in any comments on the hotel and its location. It is located on Calle de Breton de Los Herreros, 29 .

Thanks.....

#6128 - 10/08/03 11:21 PM Re: NH Breton Hotel - Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I don't know anything about this hotel, never heard of it, but it's not a walkable distance to the old city center. Well, you could walk it but would probably take 30-40 minutes - maybe faster depending on your pace. See the link I placed into the address in your posting above. The hotel is near the Alonso Cano metro station which is several blocks west of the Paseo de la Castellana's Plaza Doctor Marañon. You could always take the metro or a taxi to the sights you're likely to want to see.

The NH Hotel chain is usually pretty trustworthy. Seems they're buying up many smaller, independent hotels around Spain to further their reach.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6129 - 10/09/03 10:15 PM Re: NH Breton Hotel - Madrid
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
Thanks for the information.

This will be my sixth trip to Spin and I have found this site to be very helpful. I have recommended it to all of my friends who also love traveling to Spain.

This hotel is only one Bancotel coupon per night which is very reasonable for Madrid right after Christmas. Since I will be taking day trips to Toledo, Escorial and Segovia, I thought the location might not be too inconvenient. I am still looking for places closer to Puerta del Sol.

I will only be in Madrid for 4 nights before flying to Malaga to meet friends for New Year's Eve. I was planning on using the 5th Bancotel coupon in Seville where there are some great hotels available for only one coupon.

I was in Spain for two weeks in June and used Bancotel for the first time. I heard about them from this site. All of the hotels were very good and the price was right. I strongly recommend the Bancotel program.

Thanks again for all of the helpful information.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments