Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#6035 - 09/07/03 04:57 AM Majadahonda hostal-west of city
zzafio Offline

Loc: Cheltenham, UK
I have identified Majadahonda, west of the city centre, as a good place to stay while I ride out to spectate the four final stages of la Vuelta, Tour of Spain. I'd prefer to avoid Madrid centre on this visit.

So ... does anyone know of any hostals in the Majadahonda area? Small and simple is best. Gracias!

#6036 - 09/07/03 09:40 AM Re: Majadahonda hostal-west of city
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi zzafio! Welcome to our message board!

While there may be a few others, Majadahonda does have one hostel with a website. Here are the details:

Name: Hostal Doña Isabel
Web: http://www.iespana.es/hdi/
Description: Located 17km from Madrid city in the village of Majadahonda. 18 rooms (no photos) have bathroom, air conditioning, TV, & heat. Reservations by phone/fax/email/online. Accepts credit cards. Website in Spanish.

From their website, they don't list any single rooms but sometimes hostels don't mention the single rooms because they may only have one or two and these singles may not have in-room bathrooms. Not sure in this case. But the place looks nice enough.

Good luck and enjoy La Vuelta! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#6037 - 09/09/03 03:24 PM Re: Majadahonda hostal-west of city
zzafio Offline

Loc: Cheltenham, UK
Thanks MM for the Hostal website. No reply from webform (nor from an extra email) forced me into 'phoning instead. Face-to-face Spanish is usually OK-ish but normally I would avoid 'phone calls!

Anyway, tonight's chat while booking proved to be both enjoyable and successful. All I've got to do now is find a small exit from the airport, and navigate my bike around the northern edge of the city!

What better way to get to know a country?!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments