Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5650 - 05/04/03 04:43 PM Madrid: Hostal Adriano
slymongoose Offline

Loc: chicago
Well, we're almost on our way (next Monday) and was waiting to hear some recent feedback concerning the construction at Hostal Adriano . Does anyone know if it's been completed? MadridMan said he would check it out while he was there. smile

#5651 - 05/04/03 07:57 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Mongo recently stayed there so he can tell you how it is to stay/sleep there. In fact, he was THERE the day I took the tour(s) of Hostal Adriano .

Yes, the construction will be going on for the next 3-5 months they say. It's a shame too but as I said in my journal about my visit(s) there, you walk up 3 flights of construction mess, workers, buckets, some dust, noise, and then you open the door to the spotlessly clean, color, stylish "foyer" of Hostal Adriano and you leave all that stuff behind you.

The rooms are also perfectly clean, stylish, arched doorways, modern bathrooms, lots of IKEA furniture is used, refrigerators, TVs, ceiling fans and (almost-installed) Air Conditioning in every room. The photos on their website look just like it does in person too.

Location really couldn't be better. It's about 1-2 blocks from several pedestrian streets of bars and restaurants near the Puerta del Sol. LOTS of action around here.

Mongo: What do you have to say about it?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5652 - 05/04/03 09:31 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
My views on Hostal Adriano are well known on this forum. After staying at more than a half dozen hostals in Madrid and visiting in several others, it is simply the best appointed, cleanest and most service oriented place in it's price class. I just had my fifth stay and have already booked for September.

In regard to the construction-The actual entity Hostal Adriano has been completed for some time. Apart from installing the A/C units, there is no construction in the hostal. They are working on another hostal that they intend to add to theirs. In addition, some of the other businesses in the building are also remodeling. It seems that about 1/3 of the neighborhood is covered in scaffolding. If you sleep late, you may hear the occasional hammer or drill from outside, but they start very late and knock off well before dinner hour. It is very quiet at night.

The bottom line is, The Adriano is an oasis!

#5653 - 05/21/03 05:19 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

slymongoose! How was your trip? Are you back now? Did you finally stay at Hostal Adriano or somewhere else? Wherever you stayed, won't you please give us your review? Thanks! Oh, and please, if you did stay at the Adriano, post your review here in this/your thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5654 - 07/31/03 08:42 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
slymongoose Offline

Please, please forgive me for taking so long to post about Hostal Adriano. When my daughter and I arrived at the front door (behind the scaffolding and netting) we started having second thoughts. After walking up the four or was it five flights of stairs (?) we REALLY had second thoughts, but once inside our room we were pleasantly surprised. We were in the room that they show on their website. We absolutely loved it and especially the down comforters on the beds. Alberto and Enrique were the kindest and most personable inn-keepers we encountered. The only drawback was that our room faced the street and the bar across the street was pretty rowdy till the wee hours of the morning, but we were always so tired, it really didn't bother us much. We even didn't mind walking up and down the stair--we felt it compensated for all the sangria and tapas we ate all day and night laugh . We really loved Madrid, and hopefully I'll be able to go back some day soon. And when I do, I'll definitely stay at Hostal Adriano.

#5655 - 07/31/03 09:30 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hmm...no elevator, right?

#5656 - 07/31/03 10:50 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Floroz, no, Hostal Adriano does not have an elevator but they seem to make up for it in beautiful rooms and friendly service.

#5657 - 07/31/03 11:32 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
The elevator is on the way. It has been planned, financed and approved by the city. I'll check out the time-frame the next time I talk to Alberto.

#5658 - 08/01/03 08:40 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
La Sorpresa Offline

Loc: Naples, FL - USA
My father & I also stayed here recently (July 1 & 2) and really enjoyed our experence!

BTW, slymongoose, you aren't my dad under a differen't screen name are you?

The staff is great - went WAY OUT OF THEIR WAY to help us figure out the lock on the safe in our room, when it turned out just to be our own stupidity! I don't think we ever fessed up that it was our own fault! And, they carried our extremely heavy bags up those 4 flights of stairs upon check-in. I also felt that the stairs were a good price to pay after eating and drinking like a pig all day.

You can't beat the price for a room with AC and a bath right in the middle of all the action. A few weeks before we found Hostal Adriano we paid 90E for a hotel on Calle Echegaray that had NO AC. We will definitely be staying here on all future trips!

#5659 - 08/01/03 09:57 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Adriano
slymongoose Offline

Sorry, Sparkalina, I couldn't be your dad--because I'm a Mother laugh ! But-- I also wanted to mention (after I dug up the card) about another hostal that was in the process of opening on the floor below Hostal Adriano. On one of our trips down the stairs, we started talking to the workmen and asked if we could see the inside of the new hostal. Turned out it was the owner we were talking to and he gave us a card for his other hostal called Hostal TIJCAL ( www.hostaltijcal.com ). The new hostal looked very nice and he said it would be opening in the next few weeks (as of May 18). So, if Hostal Adriano is booked you might want to look into this hostal on the floor below Adriano. Unfortunately, I forgot the name but it may be on the website I noted. confused

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments