Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5887 - 07/13/03 07:20 PM Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
I am leaving for Spain in one week (on July 20)and taking two of my Spanish students with me. The problem I have is that the family I was planning on staying with just told me that I will be unable to stay there. So now I am in desperate need of a cheap,nice hostel in Madrid. We will be there for an entire week before leaving for Sevilla and the Costa del Sol. Then we are planning on returning to Madrid for a week before leaving on the 13th of August. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that would help me out, I would really appreciate it. Gracias!

#5888 - 07/13/03 11:42 PM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
ToniG Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
[In Madrid] My daughter thought Los Amigos was nice and definitely cheap!

http://www.losamigoshostel.com/

Good luck!

#5889 - 07/14/03 08:00 AM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
FredMaine Offline

Loc: Maine USA
[In Madrid] I liked Hostal Mirentxu. Quiet street and close to great night spots. Safe area about a block from a police station.

http://anas.worldonline.es/hmirentx/english/principal.htm

A double with full bath is 35 Euros. Triple with full bath is 48. You can get breakfast for 2.40 Euros.

#5890 - 07/16/03 08:09 PM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Does the Hostal Mirentxu have an elevator? What
floor is it on? I stayed at the Hostal Oporto , just down the street last March and found the location to be very good.

#5891 - 07/16/03 09:20 PM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I don't recall seeing an elevator in the second floor Hostal Mirentxu in Madrid but I do believe there is one in the building of Hostal Oporto . I too spent a night at Hostal Oporto in 2000 and liked it just fine too. The room and bathroom was clean and the balcony was a nice touch and not far east from the Puerta del Sol and located behind the parliament building.

Does anyone have any suggestions for Sevilla and Costa del Sol? You might need to do a SEARCH (upper/right) for previous postings if you don't get anything here/now.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5892 - 07/17/03 12:19 AM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
ToniG Offline

I got a recommendation for Hotel Simon in Sevilla. I haven't stayed there yet but have reservations in September. I am paying $44 a night, but there didn't seem to be anything much cheaper, while this is supposed to be pretty nice and in a great location.

www.hotelsimonsevilla.com

#5893 - 07/17/03 10:21 AM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
Floroz Offline

The Hostal Oporto doesn't have an elevator, but it's only one fairly long flight up. Being a woman alone, stairs and luggage are often hard to handle. The
Oporto and the Mirentxu must be pretty close together, aren't they? By second floor, are you saying the equivalent of a third floor in the States? Thanks for your response!

#5894 - 07/17/03 10:31 AM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Floroz, now that you mention it, I remember now taking photos of the beautiful, semi-spiralling wooden staircase at Hostal Oporto so I guess there was no elevator. ... and they're at Calle de Zorrilla, 9 - º1 right next to Hostal Mirentxu. (see below)

As for Hostal Mirentxu , according to their address, Calle de Zorrilla, 7 - º3, they're on the Spanish 3rd floor or (Wow) the 4th floor equivalent in the USA. "Planta Baja" is always the ground floor and the 1st Floor is the next floor UP. Comparing Hostal Oporto at º1 (which we know and agree that it's one floor UP from the ground floor) that must mean that Hostal Mirentxu is on the 4th level or 3rd level ABOVE the ground level. Well, send Mirentxu an email about the elevator but I don't think they have one (but I've been wrong before).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5895 - 07/17/03 10:37 AM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
Floroz Offline

ToniG, what date are you going to be in Seville? I went to this website:http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187443-d236158-Reviews-Simon-Seville_Andalusia.html Actually just typing "Hotel Simon Sevilla" in the browser is easier!
there are a number of reviews of the Hotel Simon (mostly good, except for breakfast!)..it gives everything but the price. I am hoping to get to Seville about the 6th,7th of Sept. Where did you find a place to make a reservation?

#5896 - 07/18/03 12:39 AM Re: Hostel Needed in Madrid/Sevilla/Costa del Sol
ToniG Offline

I sent a request for availablity and when they answered my email they included a fax and telephone number. I usually use my fax at work (shhh don't tell!!) so I couldn't use it this time and just called the hotel. Do you want the telephone number? While I speak broken spanish, there was a woman who spoke beautiful english!! I will be there the end of September for 1 day and maybe another day or 2 in mid October.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 759 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments