Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#5494 - 03/22/03 02:42 PM Barcelona Hotel W/ Parking?
Ty 'n Ed Offline

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions a place in Barcelona with parking and decent access to city sites. Hoping to find a place where I won't be worrying about the rental car as I don't really plan to use it while in the city. Any suggestions or are the city lots always a concern w/ cars?

Thanks!
-ET

#5495 - 03/22/03 03:18 PM Re: Barcelona Hotel W/ Parking?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You could consider Hotel EuroPark and can read my personal review of it in the " Euro Park (Barcelona) " thread. (by the way, it seems HotelSearch.com sunk their hooks into this hotel's reservation bookings). They have a car-park/parking-garage in the adjoining building which was very convenient but also expensive. Seems to me it was about $25/day and that was in 1998 when the exchange rate was MUCH more favorable to the US dollar. We did take the metro to get to the bottom of Las Ramblas but it was easy. Otherwise, it's just 1.5 BIG city blocks from Placa de Catalunya which is the TOP of Las Ramblas.

Be sure to do a SEARCH of this forum using keywords BARCELONA HOTEL PARKING.

There are parking garages all over BCN. You won't have to worry about this.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#5496 - 03/22/03 03:44 PM Re: Barcelona Hotel W/ Parking?
Ty 'n Ed Offline

Thanks a lot Madrid Man! I appreciate the feedback and suggestion. Hate to bring a car into Barcelona, but our trip is planned as such...we plan to take the Metro while in town - any thoughts there - is it easy to use and does it service most sights?

And oh yes - is car security really a concern in Barcelona? I've heard a few horror stories about cars in Spain...trying to avoid any hassles, of course!

#5497 - 03/23/03 05:52 AM Re: Barcelona Hotel W/ Parking?
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
The Citadines Aparthotel (part of the French chain) right on Las Ramblas not far from Placa Catalunya has a garage. I didn't use it, but saw lots of European guests taking advantage of it. It probably costs like 15 Euros or so a day is my guess.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments