Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4315 - 06/12/02 01:14 PM Madrid: Hostal Rivera?
aaustin Offline

Loc: Texas
Im trying to decide between Hostal Rivera and Hostal Lisboa . Rivera is located on Calle Atocha and is much cheaper (only 36 euro) with bath, etc. I'd love to hear any opinions on Rivera! Thanks!

#4316 - 06/12/02 01:37 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Rivera?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Assuming you're talking about these two hostels in Madrid (please remember to put the city name in your subject line or at least in the body of your posting -- this is where everyone reading this rolls their eyes rolleyes at that statement of mine because the lack of oxygen to my face is turning the skin blue frown ), both Hostal Rivera and Hostal Lisboa have both been well reviewed here in this forum -- Hostal Lisboa in the last week, in fact. Please blow the dust off the SEARCH link above/right and test out its capabilities, using, for example, RIVERA MADRID and HOSTAL LISBOA MADRID as your keywords in that search. The search for Hostal Rivera should yield about 20 results -- I just tried it. There's not as much on Hostal Lisboa yet as they're relatively new to the internet.

I haven't stayed at either yet, but both have great locations. Whichever you choose, won't you please return to this, your thread and give us your own personal review or search out one of the existing threads and tack it on to the end of that one to keep all relavent topics more-or-less together. Thanks!!!!!

And if you have any questions about lodging or anything else in other parts of Spain you can ask here too. This is, afterall, MadridMan's ALL SPAIN Message Board! smile

Have a GRRRRREAT time throughout Spain! Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4317 - 06/12/02 01:49 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Rivera?
aaustin Offline

Loc: Texas
Madridman...you're awesome! Sorry for being such a rookie at this. I just finished looking through the search results..forgetting about the option until after the fact! Thanks for all your input.

#4318 - 06/12/02 01:50 PM Re: Madrid: Hostal Rivera?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehee.. I'M sorry, aaustin.. I think I just had a "moment" there. hehehee.. Sorry about that and good luck!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4319 - 01/16/03 06:45 AM Re: Madrid: Hostal Rivera?
ucfssre Offline

Hmm, I'm an old hand at Rivera!!
Stayed in 2000 twice, 2002, 2003..

Nice rooms in an interesting and quite safe area-as there are lots of people about.

But, they gave us some crap about not being able to use the air conditioning as it would wake up the neighbours.

Plus they tried to overcharge a us a bit, when we went last week. and, rooms bloody freezing.

Having said that Manuel Rivera is a bit simple, I think.

They prefer to be paid in cash. Who doesn't.

One tip, take and keep a copy of any e-mail with booking, rates, deposits etc. Don't hand this over to them, as they didn't return mine.

I had to print another, this way I ewasn't overcharged.

But, it isn't too bad and the rooms are nice.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments