Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4758 - 10/21/02 11:45 PM BCN: Hotel Colon with bancotel?
arwederyet? Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the great forum, MadridMan. I found it very useful when I planned a trip to attend a friend's wedding at the parador in Sigüenza last year. That was a great trip, ten days in Madrid, Salamanca, cochinillo in Segovia, and the highlight of the trip was the wedding banquet and stay at the parador in Sigüenza (cabrito and lots of wine!)

I am planning another trip to Spain in February, this time to Barcelona. I'll be spending a four day weekend Feb 14-18 with my girlfriend. I was lucky enough to reserve four nights at Hotel Colon , across from the basilica in the Gothic quarter for two Bancotel coupons per night. Looks like a great deal.

My question is, has anyone stayed at the Colon, and can give feedback? Also, I received a confirmation number from Bancotel, would you suggest I also confirm directly with the hotel? I'll only need eight checks, does anyone have three checks to sell, or if I buy two checkbooks is anyone interested in buying two? Or should I just wait till I get there and buy the checks at a local travel agent before checking in?

Thanks for any advice...

#4759 - 10/22/02 07:58 AM Re: BCN: Hotel Colon with bancotel?
Lipstique Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
I would be happy to buy the two vouchers from you. Please contact me by email. In order to keep the vouchers valid, please leave them intact in the checkbook.

If we can make arrangements for you to sell them to me once you return from Spain (I leave the middle of March), that will mean that I will have acquired 7 Bancotel vouchers from members of this board. Madridman, you thought it could not be done. rolleyes laugh

Anyway, I need 19 more. So, if anyone has vouchers expiring at the end of March 2003, I'd be happy to take them off of your hands.

#4760 - 10/22/02 08:45 PM Re: BCN: Hotel Colon with bancotel?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I'm sorry I can't help you out directly with the Hotel Colon but I did stay at the Hotel Regencia Colon (right behind the Colon) last month. As far as location it was excellent! laugh I even saw the sardena dancing in front of the cathedral on Saturday evening. I was traveling by myself and had no problems with walking around the gothic quarter during the day or even the evening. I absolutely loved the El Born area for it's shops and restaurants and it's a quick 5 minute walk away. In the evenings (even until after midnight on the weekends) it was easy to follow people walking from the hotel area to the El Born area also. I wish I were going back soon..... wink

#4761 - 10/22/02 10:42 PM Re: BCN: Hotel Colon with bancotel?
arwederyet? Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Thank you both for replies. I will save the two checks for you Lipstique. And thanks, Cathy for the Sardena dancing info. I had wondered about the schedule. I am SOOOOOO psyched about heading to Barcelona!!! I have searched for Hotel Colon on the message board, with no results. I'll post a review when I get back.

#4762 - 10/23/02 03:25 PM Re: BCN: Hotel Colon with bancotel?
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
Just wanted to add that I believe there is sardena dancing on Sundays at noon but I'm not positive. I just checked with the hotel when I registered.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments