Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4554 - 08/26/02 07:56 PM bancotel coupons--individually available?
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Does anyone know of a travel agent that sells individual Bancotel coupons in Madrid or Jaen? Is this still done? I did a search but the only references were odler and did not name names, as it were. Only need two....
Do ya think they would mail them to me in the US (paying extra of course)?

#4555 - 08/27/02 04:08 PM Re: bancotel coupons--individually available?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Hi Cooter,
Do a search of RGF's threads because she also discussed obtaining individual Bancotel coupons, this was before November 2001. check with Halcon Viajes 902 433 000, they may be able to tell you.

Please let us know what you find,
Suerte!
smile
Here's RGF's post:
Quote:
rgf
Member # 279

posted 01-23-2002 09:33 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some travel agencies in Spain charge a fee to issue the talonarios. Be sure to ask. Also, some travel agencies sell individual coupons, which is really convenient bcs. sometimes you don't need all 5 coupons. AND, one more thing: always, if you are interested in a hotel, feel free to ask them if they will take the coupons directly, on dates other than those listed on the bancotel website. This worked for me at the Palace... i just said hey, i want to stay on during a weeknite, will you take the coupons then? Sure! they said!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 822 | From: Buffalo, New York | Registered: Jul 2000 | IP: Logged

#4556 - 08/27/02 10:25 PM Re: bancotel coupons--individually available?
Lipstique Offline

Loc: Wichita, Kansas
When I arrived home and opened my mailbox this evening, I was surprised to find a large detailed catalogue of all of the hotels that accept Bancotel vouchers. Must have received it because of all of my communications with its Sales Department. And, the catalogue was mailed from Spain.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to using the vouchers for all of the hotels that I have selected for my trip in March.

By the way, the catalogue has a lot more detail than the website has. If anyone needs any information from the catalogue, let me know, and I will provide you with the details.

I'll be away in Montreal for Labor Day weekend, and I'm intentionally not going into internet cafes, so I won't be checking email until September 5th.

Adios!!! laugh

#4557 - 09/02/02 09:08 AM Re: bancotel coupons--individually available?
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
My travel agent in Madrid sells Bancotel coupons. I used them as recently as May 2002.

Her name is Mayte Oliveros. I hope you speak Spanish, because she does not speak English. She works for Barceló Viajes, and can be reached by telephone at (34) 91 4296375. They have a company website, it is www.barcelo-viajes.es .

They have many offices throughout Spain. She is located near the Palace Hotel, and right next door to La Taberna Dolores on Pl.de Jesus.

Buena suerte

Leo de California

#4558 - 09/07/02 09:29 PM Re: bancotel coupons--individually available?
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
My travel agent sells bancotel coupons individually - no problem. You should probably just get on the phone and call around. Their website is very helpful, also. Indicates hotels, availability and number of coupons required.

#4559 - 09/08/02 12:25 AM Re: bancotel coupons--individually available?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have you seen the " Bancotel Coupon For Sale " thread in the "Classified & Personals" forum? Seems this guy has one or two from his 5-coupon book left.

Good luck and keep us posted or we'll keep giving you suggestions when you might not really need them. hehehehe...

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4560 - 09/08/02 04:32 PM Re: bancotel coupons--individually available?
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Thanks for the tips, all. We ended up calling a couple of places, and found a travel agent who could get us the hotel through a different promotion for $56/night, including breakfast for two, as opposed to the Bancotel $50/night. So, we did it that way instead of Bancotel. Per their website, the rack rate on the hotel is about $100/night.

The travel agent was Halcon viajes and they have, in addition to a good web site, offices throughout Spain.

Going in four days....very happy...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 926 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments