Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3378 - 01/10/02 06:37 PM Madrid: Apts.Principe 11
GG2 Offline

Loc: Maine USA
We have reservations there for five days in March and would appreciate any comments on
the apartments and their neighborhood.
Their website is http://www.atprincipe11.com .
Thanks.
GG

#3379 - 03/27/02 06:04 PM Re: Madrid: Apts.Principe 11
GG2 Offline

Loc: Maine USA
Just returned yesterday from Madrid where we spent five nights in these apartments. We were two couples, so one of us took a 1-bedroom apartment for 92 euros/night, and the other couple a studio next door for 69 euros/night. We did this so that we would have a living/dining room. The 1-bedroom apartment was very large. The living/dining room had a futon-type sofa that could have been opened into a bed, and three upholstered armchairs. There was a table with four folding chairs. The kitchen was pretty well-equipped except for having no oven, coffeepot or teakettle. We just boiled water in a pan and used instant coffee to make cafe con leche. The bathroom was completely tiled with new fixtures including a full bathtub with shower over. Everything in the apartment looks very new and clean. It's pretty stark - white walls, gray marble floors with no rugs, a couple of small pictures on the wall. Lots of closet space, satellite TV including CNN. Comfortable beds, approximately American queen-sized. I think this is a great apartment hotel value, especially the studio. The location is great too for walking around to most sights. Because calle Principe is a narrow one way street, there isn't much traffic noise. There is a fair amount of noise within the building sometimes, though, although generally it was quiet. Nice helpful staff, but only one person really spoke English and the Reception isn't staffed after 11:00 p.m. They give you a key to the front door. I'd definitely stay there again.

#3380 - 04/04/02 08:12 PM Re: Madrid: Apts.Principe 11
Peach Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks GG2! I have reservations there later this month and was happy to see your positive posting! I am traveling with my Mom and brother and thought the "Family" apaprtment would be great for us as we would each have some privacy!

#3381 - 04/26/02 06:36 AM Re: Madrid: Apts.Principe 11
Peach Offline

Loc: Texas
My family and I stayed there last week while in Madrid for the evening. We had loads of room! And for only $120 a night it was a bargain, we had 3 bedrooms, a living room and a full kitchen, much of which we did not use or need but the private rooms were nice. It is a very STARK apartment, not well appointed. However, it is clean, comfortable and quiet. Also very close to the center of things. I would stay there again.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
areidy
Who's Online
0 registered (), 952 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments