Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4058 - 04/19/02 10:37 AM Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am in the process of making reservations at Hostal Martin in Madrid for this summer. I emailed them and they replied back stating they had availability and that if wanted to reserve the room, that I should fax/email my credit card info. I have done this, should I now receive some sort of confirmation? Over email? Is this what I need to be sure to print out and bring with me?? Thanks for any help! laugh

#4059 - 04/19/02 12:15 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
Lynne804 Offline

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Hi! I made reservations with their "sister" hostal, Cervelo, and yes, I received an email confirmation back. I printed mine out to take with me. I plan on emailing the week before I leave just to make sure everything is okay. Hope this helps. wink

#4060 - 04/19/02 12:19 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I suppose you could always email them again and ask to be sure. We can only guess here in this forum. Good luck! Feel free to read my write-up about my one night (April 3, 2002) with Hostal Cervelo in the " Madrid:Hostal Martín,Chelo,Cervantes? " thread.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4061 - 04/20/02 01:40 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
[originally posted by: kelar419 on 04-20-2002 01:17 PM...]

Topic: reservation confirmation..am I translating this right?

I just received a confirmation letter from Hostal Martin in Madrid, I am confident that I understand the entire email except one part...
"el pago de su factura debera ser en efectivo."
If my 6 years of spanish is correct... does this mean that when I check out and pay the balance it must be in cash?? They have my credit card number, yet said that is only used to guarantee a reservation. I guess I assumed that they would just charge my credit card upon checkout. Am a translating this correctly? Thanks. rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4062 - 04/20/02 02:24 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Yes, apparently it's cash only.

Saludos,

Pim

#4063 - 04/20/02 05:42 PM Re: Madrid:Hostal Martin-Confirmation letter?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Yes, we gave credit card no for guarantee of room at Hostal Martin, then paid in cash as requested as we left.

We received our e-mail in English as last year neither of us could speak any Spanish, so conducted all e-mailing in English with them.

Jo

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments