Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#2081 - 04/17/01 06:26 AM Hostal Oporto (Madrid)
Pierre Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hello,
Did somebody get some experience with Hostal Oporto lately ? I booked for a few days in view of a 4 days-trip to Madrid and I am now a little bit afraid, considering the low prices for this hotel. Are the surroundings OK and not too noisy ? Thanks for your comments. Pierre

#2082 - 04/17/01 06:42 AM Re: Hostal Oporto (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi there!! I just used the SEARCH link above/right and found a number of threads mentioning Hostal Oporto. One, " Hostal Oporto (Madrid) " from last February, seems to be the most recent. Good luck and please return to this, your thread to tell us you own personal experiences with them. Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#2083 - 04/17/02 08:00 PM Re: Hostal Oporto (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
On April 4th, 2002, I spent one night in Hostal Oporto ( Photo1 & Photo2 ), located east of the Puerta del Sol and east of the Plaza de Canalejas. ( Canalejas Photo )

I was really impressed with this little hostel. My room and private bathroom near the entrance was spotless and I just loved having a balcony facing the relatively quiet street ( Street Photo HERE from balcony).

Cayetano, the jovial, ever-smiling, 40-something owner, was so nice and so kind. He was proud to show me some of the other rooms. The place appears to have been recently totally renovated, halls and light fixtures were sparkling, the entryway is immaculate, ( Photo1 , Photo2 , & Photo3 ) and I just love the polished wood stairs and banister ( PHOTO ). The bed in my room ( Photo ) was very very comfortable and the bathroom's/shower's water ( Photo ) was hot.

Details: Room has TV, building has no elevator, you get two 3 keys (one for the main/street door, one for the hostel door, and one for your room door), my streetside room was quiet as it is not a busy street, very very clean, and friendly staff. I am very happy to recommend it to everyone.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments