Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#3455 - 01/19/02 09:27 PM Syracuse U. Mom seeks Madrid hotel
Dentwoman Offline

My daughter is studying at Syracuse U's Madrid center located at Calle Miguel Angel 8, Despacho 203, 28010 Madrid, Spain. Since we both celebrate major birthdays mid-April, 2002, (I'm 50, she's 21) I'd love to spend a few days with her to paint the town red. Any suggestions for a great hotel & restaurant? It's not that money's no object; it's more that I've been saving and want this to be a special memory for us both. Thanks!

#3456 - 01/19/02 11:33 PM Re: Syracuse U. Mom seeks Madrid hotel
zero262quick Offline

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
Hi-

Since there have been SO many posts of hotels and restaurants in the Madrid area, I would recommend you browse through the posts on those two topics or do a search using "hostel". Two hostels I recommend are Hostal Persal and Hostal Pereda. If you do a search with those terms, you will find alot of information.

Hope that helps.

Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

"The more I meet new people, the more I like my dog."

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Scottish Proverb

#3457 - 01/20/02 02:49 AM Re: Syracuse U. Mom seeks Madrid hotel
nevado Offline

Dentwoman, what a lovely and thoughtful idea to spend your birthdays together! Are you surprising her? Anyway, you mentioned that she's at the Instituto Americano, was that so you are located near the school? If so, and the sky's the limit, there's a magnificant hotel in walking distance from her school, Hotel Santo Mauro. It's absolutely delightful but pricy for Madrid standards (around $250 +/night). It's also a hop skip and a jump from c/ Serrano (shopping). Other top end choices would be the Palace and the Ritz. Others have mentioned using the Bancotel coupons for the Palace which makes it more feasable. If those don't fit the bill, (no pun intended) smile I'd do a search like zero262quick suggested and also look at the bancotel website for deals. Good luck and happy pre-birthday.

#3458 - 01/21/02 07:43 AM Re: Syracuse U. Mom seeks Madrid hotel
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
Visit http://www.bancotel.com/. It is an affordable way to stay in nice accommodations in Spain at reduced prices. My wife and I stayed at The Palace and the Villa Magna in Madrid for $ 125.00 a night. The website will help through the entire process.

I am sure they are many good restaurants in Madrid. The Restaurante de Botin was our favorite. My wife and I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food, but we especially enjoyed the service from the waiters and their patience with our poor Spanish. I know it is not for everyone, but it maybe enjoyable for you.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: gsobotta ]

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#3459 - 01/22/02 09:16 AM Re: Syracuse U. Mom seeks Madrid hotel
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
DentWoman writes:
Quote:
My daughter is studying at Syracuse U's Madrid center ... we both celebrate major birthdays mid-April, 2002, (I'm 50, she's 21) I'd love to spend a few days with her to paint the town red. ... I want this to be a special memory for us both.

My suggestion has nothing to do with hotels or restaurants: Take a day-trip to Sevilla on AVE. Sevilla's Feria de Abril will be in progress
Apr 15-21; I am sure you would both enjoy it. You may also want to try out one of Sevilla's fine restaurants. rolleyes

The AVE takes 2.5 hours each way. You could depart Madrid (Atocha) at 8:30 AM and arrive Sevilla (Santa Justa) 11:00 AM. Your return depart Sevilla 9:00 PM and arrive Madrid 2.5 hours later. It should give you both a taste of Andalucia (ambiente, cuisine, etc.). You may even do the tourist trail in Sevilla. eek

Two ladies like yourselves are not going to be up to 'painting the town red' in Madrid. Many before you have tried! But such a trip could hold special memories for both of you. laugh

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments