Hi--
I was thinking of chocolate y churros this morning (had to settle for a Krispy Kreme and tea instead), and that gave me an idea:

Would anyone be interested in working out some swaps of Spanish products for American ones (or other)? For example, I could buy $10 worth of Pop Tarts (one of MissMadrid's posts reminded me of those) and send them to someone in Spain, and that person could send me $10 worth of Chocolate a la Taza. No money would have to change hands, since we could agree on a purchase price ahead of time, and we would each pay our own postage.

Is anyone interested in doing such a thing? Obviously it wouldn't work for perishable or breakable things (so no jamón or Krispy Kremes--wait, are Krispy Kremes perishable?), but it would be an easy way to avoid paying importers' higher costs. We could easily include things like favorite soap and beauty products people can't find where they are.

So here's an idea--if people are interested, why not begin by posting the item(s) you want? If someone wants something you can easily get, they can let you know and you can exchange addresses.

Or is this all too confusing?

Tara (who wants Chocolate a la Taza from El Corte Ingles! smile )