Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#72187 - 11/04/02 04:51 PM Is an exchange Club a good idea?
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
I exchange Spanish for English with some American people in Madrid. We think it would be fine to organize a small exchange club. We would go out and speak in both languages, one at a time. Ideas, opinions. Antonio you that have such a sound mind, what do you thing?

Andrés

#72188 - 11/04/02 08:00 PM Re: Is an exchange Club a good idea?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I organized and participate in an intercambio here at my university in the usa. Our group presently consists of 6 spaniards (exchange students studying here for a semester) and 4 americans. It has been absolutely amazing!!! We meet twice a week, sometimes just in a cafe to talk, other times we go places on or close to campus...we alternate speaking both in english and spanish. I think we have learned a lot from them as they have from us. There is never a lack of topics, and it is very relaxed. I would definitely suggest forming a group like this, I think you will find it well worth the effort. I know that next semester while I am studying in at La Universidad de Granada, I will definitely try to find a group like this to participate in!
Kelly smile

#72189 - 11/05/02 01:54 PM Re: Is an exchange Club a good idea?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I think it's a very good idea. Unfortunately, I don't have much time at the moment to join you.

First of all, you should have a fast/easy way to communicate each other for the meetings. One way could be using a mailing list. People would send an e-mail there and all the members will get a copy of it.

If you were thinking of making it as an open club, then you could set up a website with information about when and where you are meeting and perhaps people could join you. Both the mailing list and the website can be done with free ISPs.

#72190 - 11/06/02 03:27 PM Re: Is an exchange Club a good idea?
Castiza Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hey, Andrés, it sounds like a good idea. Count me in for the Exchange Club. I could be a great way to meet people and practice a foreign language having a good time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments