Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71143 - 01/04/02 08:01 AM e-pal? I'm studying Spanish
NOODL3S Offline

Loc: BIRMINGHAM . ENGLAND UK
hola a todos.Iam currently in my second year Spañish language course, which i am finding basante dificil.I personally believe to learn another language full immersion is required within the country of the language you are learning.My finances only allow for one maybe two trips to spain yearly, at a week a time.If anybody who is interested in improving their english would like to contact me with a view to me improving my Spanish, i would be very gratfull. Perhaps we could exchange help for our respective studies. Yours Sincerly G Viney. Birmingham England UK.

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#71144 - 01/06/02 01:55 PM Re: e-pal? I'm studying Spanish
Andrés Offline

Loc: Madrid
"I personally believe to learn another
language full immersion is required within the country of the language you are learning"

I agree with you but only when the student already has a good level, if not it will be embarrassing for him/her to speak and he/she ll end up talking English, something Spanish look forward to whenever they meet a foreigner. One has to find the way to get to this level and only then plunge into the country and language.
Putting aside this theoretical discussion if you want to write me in Spanish I ll be more than happy to correct it as long as you do the same with my English.

Cheers,
André

#71145 - 01/11/02 03:27 AM Re: e-pal? I'm studying Spanish
hombre_gizon Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi NOODL3S!

I came across this BB a month ago but still I don't dare to write nothing because of my poor English. But, I just have read another thread in which all of you recommend to take the plunge and to start writing / speaking.

So, here I am!!.

If you want to write me in Spanish I'm willing to correct your mistakes and you could correct my English mistakes.

See you!.

#71146 - 01/11/02 10:57 AM Re: e-pal? I'm studying Spanish
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Hi NOODL3S, I agree that it's important to just jump in and start speaking/writing...just another suggestion for you as you continue your Spanish studies: find a Spanish-speaking group near you, or form one, and make a pact to ONLY SPEAK SPANISH together! I think practicing written Spanish is really important, but it doesn't help you with pronunciation, inflections, idioms, etc. As you seem interested in Castellano, you might try to find other Spaniards in your area to practice with. You could also trade off--one meeting in Spanish, the next in English, to help them practice too.

Buena suerte!
Tara

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments