Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#70745 - 05/27/01 10:31 AM Rock climbing partners (Madrid)
moranberlin Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I have just moved to Madrid a couple of months ago and I am eager to find some people to go rock climbing with! I speak a little spanish but I am learning quickly, but I also speak german for any of yopu germans out there. I hope to hear from some of you!

[ 05-29-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#70746 - 06/01/01 10:54 PM Re: Rock climbing partners (Madrid)
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Where can you go rock climbing at in Espana?

#70747 - 06/05/01 04:58 PM Re: Rock climbing partners (Madrid)
moranberlin Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Spain is full of wonderful places to go rock climbing! One half hour north of Madrid is the Pedriza de Manzanares which has some peaks just over 2000 meters! Not too bad being so close to a major city. Check out this web site for other crags in Spain: http://www.escuelasdeescalada.com/ingles/portada_i.php

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#70748 - 06/05/01 05:42 PM Re: Rock climbing partners (Madrid)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Moran,

A friend of mine climbs. In fact he's doing Nanga Parbat this spring. He's made the top of 12 of the 14 highest mountains in the world, and has done 5 climbs of Mt. Everest, without oxygen. His name is Ed Viesturs. I believe he's recognized as America's premiere climber now.

You must really be in good physical condition if you are climbing. It has to be one of the most demanding challenges there is.

I told Ed I'd join him on top of Mt. Everest as soon as they put in a cable car that takes me to the top... it's the only way I would ever get above a base camp.

Wolf

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments