Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#90509 - 02/07/12 09:42 PM Geocaching in Madrid
geecmom Offline

Loc: Bloomington, IL
I'm going to be in Madrid for a couple of days in early May with no real plans. Any English-speaking geocachers out there who would like to do some urban caching in the historic area/Retiro Park?

#90510 - 02/08/12 03:15 AM Re: Geocaching in Madrid [Re: geecmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
How exciting! I've never done this, but have read about it. What kind of GPS device do you use?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90514 - 02/12/12 09:37 PM Re: Geocaching in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
geecmom Offline

I love it! And how could I go abroad and NOT take the opportunity to do some foreign caching? I use a handheld Garmin unit called the GPSMap 62s. I actually have another unit, too (Garmin GPSMap 60CSx) but I think I'm just bringing the 62s. There is a 2-minute video at www.geocaching.com that explains the whole game.

#90535 - 02/15/12 06:16 AM Re: Geocaching in Madrid [Re: geecmom]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I know it has a very excited following, but still under appreciated by the masses. As I always say, "Everybody needs a hobby", and one which gets you out of the house to explore new places is a huge plus!

If interested, let me know one day you're out-and-about and I'll follow along for awhile to see how it's done firsthand. Have you been to Madrid/Spain before? If not, all the more exciting, I'm sure!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#90556 - 02/15/12 07:47 PM Re: Geocaching in Madrid [Re: MadridMan]
geecmom Offline

Yes, well, it is a bit of a strange little hobby. smile This will be my second visit to Spain, my first to Madrid. I expect I will be going out the morning of Saturday, May 5 rather than Friday. There are quite a few geocaches in the Retiro Park area, and it's near where I am staying at the Westin Palace, so I want to stay within walking distance.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments