Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#71243 - 03/31/03 03:19 AM Bancotel checks--need 1 or will have 4!
The Mile Dog Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI, USA
We just booked per the advise on this forum the Crowne Plaza in Madrid for 3 nights for 2 Bancotel checks each night. It is my understanding that we need to buy these in groups of 5, but need 6. Does anyone have 1 extra they would like to sell that is good for Apr 2003? Alternatively, does anyone wish to purchase 4 checks which I think should be good through Mar 2004? These cost 50 euros each and provide very good value for hotels-- see here for details.

#71244 - 03/31/03 05:29 AM Re: Bancotel checks--need 1 or will have 4!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have you seen ninetyfeet\'s posting in this forum about having 2 Bancotel checks for sale?

Don't forget, you have to leave the checks IN the book when you hand them to the hotel check-in desk.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#71245 - 03/31/03 09:30 AM Re: Bancotel checks--need 1 or will have 4!
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Wow! You are staying at the Crowne Plaza for just two bancotel coupons! What a bargain! Unheard of! Give yourself a pat on the back!

If you still have these by November, I will contact you. I plan to travel in December, if I get a decent fare. Thus far the fares are very high, but I hope that by August, November I will be able to pick up a reasonable fare.

By the Way, there is an older thread on this forum that tells of a travel agency in Madrid that sells coupons individually. Do a search of Bancotel and you may find the name of the agency.

smile

#71246 - 04/04/03 05:25 PM Re: Bancotel checks--need 1 or will have 4!
The Mile Dog Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Thank you for the heads up MM. I have completed a great transaction with ninetyfeet for two checks. I will only need one of the checks, so will have one left if anyone needs one, same deal as I paid ninetyfeet $50 for the one check. I will ship for free via US mail, or you can pay for any additional, UPS, FedEx etc.

btw..MM where do you get the info that the checks have to be IN the checkbook? I have not seen this anywhere in the T&C. Not a problem for me, as I recieved the two checks in the checkbook and upon our return will have one check still in the checkbook, but just curious.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Clay, hobag
Who's Online
0 registered (), 989 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments